Hawker fleet project

Goran_M

• 3 weeks later...

Everything Hawker 4000 related has been put on hold until programming gets started.  Modelling is about 98% finished.  Just 1 or 2 little things that need to be adjusted and attached.

Programming is something that is taking some time to get together.  I have found a programmer but

I originally planned on releasing a very basic simulation of the aircraft, using only default gauges and default FMC.  But as I got more and more involved with it, I realized it would do this aircraft an injustice to dumb it down.  

There really isn't anything more to show in the way of screenshots.  As I said, everything, including texturing, has been put on hold.  I want to get a really nice looking texture applied with a nice background.  Something resembling a showcase of the aircraft.

There will also be a video made of the aircraft in the sim.

By the way, thanks for the comments on the sig.  But credit for that goes to Ola Haldor.  He was messing around a bit with his renderring program and sent that over.

Talented guy!

Goran

Everything Hawker 4000 related has been put on hold until programming gets started.  Modelling is about 98% finished.  Just 1 or 2 little things that need to be adjusted and attached.

Programming is something that is taking some time to get together.  I have found a programmer but

I originally planned on releasing a very basic simulation of the aircraft, using only default gauges and default FMC.  But as I got more and more involved with it, I realized it would do this aircraft an injustice to dumb it down. 

Sounds like it wont be released for another year! :o

You could release a basic and an advanced version.  The basic could use default gauges and the advanced could use the custom gauges when your programmer has finished.

You could allow users to upgrade from basic to advanced for the price difference.  Everyone is happy then, you get revenue now, and users can upgrade to advanced when its done.

Another year?  I hope not!

:o

Believe me, no one wants this bird released more than me. 

Basic and advanced?  I've actually thought about that before and I'm in 2 minds about it.

I'll see what happens.  Fly it around a bit and see how I go. 

XLUA, from what I've heard, is supposed to push the programming along faster than what is normally possible.

I'll make some kind of announcement in the coming weeks.

Goran

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Hawker 800 was Jason's project.  He is very keen on finishing it so I will try to convince him to do it.

The only other Hawker bizjet I have plans on finishing is the Premier 1/1A.

That won't take too long as the flight model is already done (I finished it early last year).

As for the other bizjets, we'll see how things pan out.  My main priority now is the Saab, Hawker 4000, Bonanza A36 and G36 (yeah, I'm doing them both) and the 747.

I'll definitely make my intentions known as the weeks go by.

Goran

• 2 months later...

Theo and I have had a small meeting over our current workload.  After some logistics were sorted out, we came to a conclusion.  We are actually able to organise our time to work on the remaining 3 projects simultaneously. 

So the Hawker 4000 project is back on.

While Theo does work on the Saab UV maps and textures, I have been optimizing the mesh on the Hawker 4000.  We both estimate we will finish these jobs at roughly the same time.  At that point, we swap over and while I work on the Saab animations AND the 340B upgrade, Theo will UV map and texture the Hawker 4000 (again).    Once that is finished, I will animate the Hawker 4000 while Theo UV maps and textures the 747-200/400.

Going by this estimate, and depending on the programmer for the Hawker and 747, we are confident we can get the Hawker 4000 out earlier than the 747-200 while not hampering 747 development.

I wanted to post this as I know many people are waiting for the Hawker 4000 (including me).  And with the updated flight model, it flies even better.

We'll update as necessary.

While Theo wraps up UV mapping and texturing of the Saab, I have finished optimizing the mesh for the Hawker 4000.  As I was doing so, I saw many things I didn't like on it (objects).  So while I chopped off another 80 000 quads from it, I completely re-modelled about a third of the aircraft.  (Landing Gear, FMC's, overhead knobs and dials, Center Console levers, etc...)

Just have to add some pilot seats and the modelling is finished on this.

Then Theo will texture this one while I get all the gauges, knobs and switches working on the Saab.

And a couple of screenshots.  Maybe some fine tuning in various places.

yafaray20100523235638.th.png

yafaray20100523235856.th.png

yafaray20100524001341.th.png

yafaray20100524001526.th.png

While Theo wraps up UV mapping and texturing of the Saab, I have finished optimizing the mesh for the Hawker 4000.  As I was doing so, I saw many things I didn't like on it (objects).  So while I chopped off another 80 000 quads from it, I completely re-modelled about a third of the aircraft.  (Landing Gear, FMC's, overhead knobs and dials, Center Console levers, etc...)

Just have to add some pilot seats and the modelling is finished on this.

Then Theo will texture this one while I get all the gauges, knobs and switches working on the Saab.

And a couple of screenshots.  Maybe some fine tuning in various places.

yafaray20100523235638.th.png

yafaray20100523235856.th.png

yafaray20100524001341.th.png

yafaray20100524001526.th.png

Amazing!!!

Can't wait to fly this magnificent machine!