Vatsim: 200-300 feet off although realistic temp effects are off

Floater

Good morning. 
Last night, as well as right now, I was told by ATC that I am 200ft below my assign alt when, according to the Aircraft, I am at level. 
The realistic temp effect on the altimeter are OFF.  Baro setting is standard. I have already tried to create a new airframe, no effect
Any ideas?
thanks. 

CL650 - 2022-03-20 08.25.07.png

CL650 - 2022-03-20 08.25.16.png

Edited by Floater

• Floater changed the title to Vatsim: 200-300 feet off although realistic temp effects are off

I flew on Vatsim a couple of days ago with no complaints from ATC. I also tested it using the ATC client Euroscope. There should be no issues and any disparities are likely on the ATC side of things. 

FWIW X-Plane 12 will have realistic atmospheric simulation so ATC folks will have to fully fix things on their end eventually. 

Brgds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Floater said:

I also never had this Issue it seemingly just poped up.
After I was notified my ATC I also tried to set the complex altimeter simulation on active, just to test. I was making things waaay worse

What version of the CL-650 are you using? Can you post your Log.txt, please?

I just did some test with an ATC: The first screenshot are my settings. The second one is his radar. I am indicated -100ft. when tempreture effects are off. If I switch them on, I am descending a bit and therefore end up at -300ft

I just remember somthing: it started after I used better pushback for thw first time in the CL650.
The tug connected, I got a pull up warning and the alt tape was winding down a few 100 ft

CL650 - 2022-03-21 17.15.51.png

FL249.jpg

Update: on local QNH the alt matches. on standard I am off by 100-300ft 

Edited by Floater

Today I flew (offline) and I noticed the same altitude difference between CL650 altimeter and X-Plane's own alt ind -variable. I also recycled few times the altimeter between local and std QNH with X-Plane's own command, but the difference between CL650 altimeter and X-Plane's own altitude did not change. Please see the picture below. I've also attached the Log.txt.

I'm using HS CL650 1.4r1 and ASXP 7618.

220682526_2022-03-2317_01_56-Window.thumb.jpg.ff06abd4b15d2f5005afc09ac9074688.jpg

Log.txt

Edited by L1ntzi

20 hours ago, L1ntzi said:

Today I flew (offline) 

If you're flying offline then realistic atmosphere is enabled and there will be a difference between XP's altitude output and the Challenger's indicated altitude. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is being looked into and any updates will be posted here. Seeing as this issue was fixed in the first update this is quite unusual. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Pils said:

Is it possible to get the values of the barometer_setting datarefs from X-Plane, please? Plus the altitude readouts as above. @L1ntzi

Sure! On Friday I flew one test flight on Vatsim and on that flight at cruise alt_ind was showing 36 040 ft while CL650's altimeter was at 36 000 ft. I recycled the QNH-settings with both the CL's own altimeter knob and with XP's keybinded command. The difference did not change.

This evening I flew one flight on Vatsim and checked also those datarefs as requested. Now there wasn't a major difference between alt_ind and CL's altimeter (please see the attachment below). I'll continue to observe if I come across again with this error and post you then Log.txt with the requested datarefs and altitude readouts.

Thanks for following up with this.

CL650_altimeters_27MAR22.png.c661f1664ab408f6524111db4016594d.png