HotStart Challenger 650 no sec data base

milokazz

43 minutes ago, Pils said:

The secondary database is only available when there is more than one nav database to choose from, i.e. when custom nav data has been installed into X-Plane’s Custom Data directory, for example from Navigraph or Aerosoft.

Thanks a lot! How do I install data from Navigraph into X-Plane?

• 3 months later...

I found this thread when searching for the title and could in the meantime update my AIRAC circle to 2206.

I was able to copy the line from LSK2L to the scratch pad and then into LSK3L. However when trying to paste that data back into the scratch pad and from there into LK3L I get an error "INVALID ENTRY" followed by "CHK DATA BASE DATES", see screenshots attached...

What should I do to update the line for the secondary data base LSK3L?

I am turning in circles at the moment... :wub:

invalid.jpg

dates.jpg

Edited by Scorpio47

Sorry, but I thought the secondary data base is actually the one used by the FMS, and my Flightplan is based on 2206, so I guess they should be the same, right?

And then wat does the request to check the dates mean, please?

Thank you for some more detail, Pils....

Edited by Scorpio47

43 minutes ago, Scorpio47 said:

Sorry, but I thought the secondary data base is actually the one used by the FMS, and my Flightplan is based on 2206, so I guess they should be the same, right?

And then wat does the request to check the dates mean, please?

Thank you for some more detail, Pils....

In the sim it’s primarily used as a staging location for the newest database to be activated as the primary, in-use database (“active data base”). Under the hood there’ll always be two databases available; one is the default nav data that comes with X-Plane (which changes when Laminar pushes new major versions of the simulator), the other is the content of your custom data directory, where third-party nav data is installed, e.g. from Navigraph.

The CHK DATA BASE DATES message is showing (and the database date range text is in yellow) because your sim’s date is outside of the valid range for the nav data cycle that’s active. As you can see your sim is set to the 22nd of March (“DATE”).

Makes absolute sense! :)
Thank you, Pils for this explanation and enlightening insights.

I was not aware of the degree of "intelligence" this plane demonstrates.... It is very rare that I touch the date settings when starting a flight,  unless I need to see snow and ice....

However it seems not to be possible to update the date  after loading a saved state and changing it in the flight settings to save it then. I have tried, but when resuming nothing changed (probably why it is called "resume"...;)).
But also a "start new flight" after changing the date AND location did not get rid of the MARCH indication. :wub:
It seems I have to restart the whole procedure and use today´s date, then save a few states for backup purposes, like Cold and Dark, APU running, ready for engine start etc.pp.

Again, thank you for your help, Pils, and have a great weekend with family and friends.

Cheers
Juergen

Edited by Scorpio47