Officially Announcing Mitsubishi MU-2B-60 Marquise 2.0!

Cameron

for the record.....I am absolutely willing and anxious to look at popular 3rd party products and integration with such; however, only after I get everything working smooth with default X-Plane first.  So any love for these 3rd party add-ons will have to wait until after release.  The G500/600 received a little extra love because a lot of MU2s have these nowadays and the integration was discussed early in the MU2 rework with the G500/600 developer.

The weather radar specifically is a bit of a odd duck at the moment in that we are close to transitioning to XP12 with its completely new weather engine and possibly new weather radar....so the weather radar is not getting any love at this instant and will initially ship with default XP11 weather radar.  I want a properly functioning "old school" radar for sure, but am currently in a 'wait and see' with XP12 being around the corner.  

I do not have visual 3D icing effects yet but intend to.  I'm reluctant to quickly toss on 'stacking show/hide polygons' to simulate 3D ice buildup as I think its a bit cheesy.  For myself, given the choice of "do nothing" vs.  "do something, but it looks kind of cheesy to me", I'd rather do nothing until I can do it to what I feel is a quality implementation.

As far as whats "planned", all I can say is "everything I can"....in due time.  The Moo is really a labor of love and I have quite a long list of extras I want to add to it once this new foundation is in.  Right now its 10 things at once leading up to release, but afterwards, I can begin developing high quality extra features that will really improve the Moo experience.  2022 is basically slated for IXEG and Moo improvements.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

As I see it, it's probably not worth letting visual surface effects (icing, precipitation on aircraft surface) get into the way towards release at this stage. XP 12 will bring a lot of changes there, so there's something to look forward to (new APIs to fiddle with, yay! - at least for the windscreen). I'm all good with beautiful steam gauges to start with - though I secretly hope the new lighting engine will help giving analog cockpit instrument this distinctive look of heaviness (I don't find a better word for it) which seems hard to create in XP 11.

• Like 1

A couple of things, the original gets really mush around 115Kts on landing pretty much on TO I assume this is part of the roll issue, which should hopefully be fixed in 2, second thing is, my fuel mixture lever,s affect engine performance, I assume they shouldnt. Most planes I simply make sure they are not in fuel cutoff, even planes that dont need them, turboprops, wont start otherwise, but with MU2 I have to have to full rich otherwise left engine glitches. Maybe there is a way to ensure that plane is not affected by the fuel/mixture levers. Otherwise you may have to note that in the documentation.

Thanks

On 3/19/2022 at 9:29 PM, mjrhealth said:

A couple of things, the original gets really mush around 115Kts on landing pretty much on TO I assume this is part of the roll issue, which should hopefully be fixed in 2

There is roll to be expected in these things.  The magnitude however, was reduced by Austin some time ago.  

On 3/19/2022 at 9:29 PM, mjrhealth said:

my fuel mixture lever,s affect engine performance, I assume they shouldnt

Being there is no mixture lever in the MU2, this shouldn't be issue if you map your hardware levers to the prop speed levers.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 6:30 AM, VirtualCPT said:

Hope you had a nice Easter break. I was just wondering if you are still planning to release the MU2 in April?

I don't think I'm going to make it in April Marco.....though I am very close to wrapping things up.  Targeting first half of May it looks like now.    Right now there is a lot of quality control checks being done.  With 3 variants it is quite a lot of flight testing.  The last week has been compatiblity work with all the probable hardware configurations and setting up the preferences etc.  All the lighting / night lighting is done and the only thing that remains is a punchlist of small items, a few more liveries to do and the last thing will be the sound. This certainly won't drag out, there is nothing else on my plate and this work is all day every day for me until release.  

-Tom

• Like 17

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Skyman53 said:

Hi, looking forward to this plane! Always admired them on the ramp. Is there a discord channel for the developers available to keep up the excitement while we wait??? Please keep us posted as I'm ready to jump on this the moment it is released. 

Hi @Skyman53!

This is the only spot for updates. No Discord for this one, so be sure to keep an eye in this section of the forums! :)

Quick report.   I'm moving things back oh so slightly.  At this point, I'm updating the docs and working on the sound engineering.  The sound is the long straw here, FMOD is a bit new to me and quite intimidating for first timers and taking a bit more time than I hoped to get up to speed..... and I'm quite picky about sound.    I am still working on it daily and safe to say that when the sound is done, we'll get it out.  I won't say when, but I myself will be quite disappointed if its more than 3 weeks.  

-tkyler

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Another update.  Though its been quiet here, it is still very much full speed on my end.  There simply is a lot of infrastructure work and double-checks to get ready for release.  One of the things I'm doing is moving the documentation to be browser based. That was a bit of a last minute decision but one I think will pay dividends moving forward.   This makes the documentation searchable and navigated much more quickly and in addition, much easier to update and read IMO.  I also forsee the need to facilitate tutorials and such and this format will allow the addition of such material to be added more quickly and presented more effectively.  This infrastructure will also serve as a foundation for similar documentation efforts we plan to bring to the ixeg 737.    We should be able to publish the docs to PDF also for those that desire such.

The paint kit is also complete, which required its fair share of prep and documentation also.  The documentation will probably drag on another day or two.  At this stage, its looking like early June release.  I will say I'm disappointed its not in the 3 week time span I had hoped and predicted, but not disappointed with why...because I simply want to refine lots of little things to ensure its a first class simming experience and its coming along very well.

-tkyler

docs_pic-2.jpg

docs_pic-1.jpg

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 18
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Want to pull the trigger on this but one question - will it be upgraded to XP-12 when released or will there be an additional fee after the v2 upgrade? Just wanted to ensure there is a path as a very expensive airplane was suddenly dropped by a company (not yours) that switched to MSFS and with left us XP users no upgrade or support path in the future. I also have another three aircraft from you (which I love) and will they be upgraded to XP-12?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, b52bob said:

Want to pull the trigger on this but one question - will it be upgraded to XP-12 when released or will there be an additional fee after the v2 upgrade? Just wanted to ensure there is a path as a very expensive airplane was suddenly dropped by a company (not yours) that switched to MSFS and with left us XP users no upgrade or support path in the future. I also have another three aircraft from you (which I love) and will they be upgraded to XP-12?

This topic is for the MU-2 v2, which is not yet on sale.

The product in the store is v1 and will not be updated to XP 12. Instead, customers of the current selling v1 will get a considerable discount for v2, which WILL support XP 12 at no additional fee. In the end, purchasing the currently shipped MU-2 v1 can still work in your favor upgrade path wise.

Any products that are getting free upgrades to XP 12 are labeled as such already on the product pages. You can compare there to see if your currently purchased products will be getting free XP 12 upgrades.

I bought the MU-2 yesterday and really like it. Quite amazing how well it looks, despite its age. I'm hoping for a good discount now for version 2.   

Will fly from Nuremberg to Montpellier in France today, for some holiday feeling - just returned from Montpellier in real life. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...