Random / Frequent CTD macOS Monterey

ArnieG

When trying to fly the TBM 900, I frequently get random crashes to the desktop. No warning, just crashes. If I fly long enough, it will eventually CTD.   Just happened again at the test airport in the middle of the ocean SCIP.   I have very little scenary and few plugins.

I have a new MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey. 
Log files attached.

TBM900_Log.txt Log.txt

On 3/5/2022 at 8:03 AM, ArnieG said:

When trying to fly the TBM 900, I frequently get random crashes to the desktop. No warning, just crashes. If I fly long enough, it will eventually CTD.   Just happened again at the test airport in the middle of the ocean SCIP.   I have very little scenary and few plugins.

I have a new MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey. 
Log files attached.

TBM900_Log.txt 342.04 kB · 0 downloads Log.txt 72.08 kB · 1 download

Are you running in full screen or windowed mode?

14 hours ago, GP49TOM said:

I have a new MacBook Air 16gig Monterey 12.2.1...my problem is frame rate......TBM900 with everything in graphics turn down as low as possible, mid-teens FRPS.

You're a very brave person.  I have a Macbook Air, and I get mid 20's fps with the default C172.  The TBM will definitely test the MBA abilities.

I've done several flights in windowed and full screen mode.

I has crashed several times in full screen mode and has NOT crashed in windowed mode.   So seems like the crashes only happen in full screen mode.

I hope there is a fix eventually because I don't like running in windowed mode.

Thanks

4 hours ago, ArnieG said:

I hope there is a fix eventually because I don't like running in windowed mode.

Understood.  However, this is not something we can fix.  This is entirely an AMD problem.  Laminar Research have confirmed this bug originates with AMD, and they have hounded them about it for years.  It does appear as though this problem is fixed for XP12.