ADG noise

g-kats

7 minutes ago, g-kats said:

So I deployed the ADG for... no real reason. It produces a loud buzzing type noise. I've "stowed" it, but the noise won't go away. Do I have to bin my airframe and start a new one?

Stowing on the ground should work, but there’s an electrical reset you’ll have to do, but I don’t remember the details, sorry.

AIR-DRIVEN GENERATOR (ADG) (CONT'D)
PWR TXFR OVERRIDE
With the ADG deployed, it may be possible to restore normal AC electrical power by resetting an engine-driven generator, or by using the APU generator. If AC electrical power is restored, the PWR TXFR OVERRIDE switch should be selected to reset the three transfer contactors and regain normal AC distribution. This returns the AC ESS BUS to AC BUS 1, and the 3B hydraulic pump to normal operation

Correction. If I deploy it again, then close the switch, and press the button, you get the state above. But it still thinks the ADG is deployed, and still makes the god-awful racket.  This has persisted across multiple flights now with full shutdowns between.

5 hours ago, g-kats said:

Correction. If I deploy it again, then close the switch, and press the button, you get the state above. But it still thinks the ADG is deployed, and still makes the god-awful racket.  This has persisted across multiple flights now with full shutdowns between.

Once the ADG is deployed, it can only be re-stowed on the ground by maintenance personnel, with the aircraft completely powered down. It takes two persons to do it, and requires tools. I assume the ADG re-stow option on the ground services menu emulates this.

• 1 year later...

Okay, This happen to be on this flight. I did not deploy the ADG and found it deployed while securing the plane. Just a normal flight and no buzzing sounds. I can not get the ADG closed. No pins in, no magic click spots to close it up, I've tried pulling the ADG handle down and try to close the door, even with the lever in normal position and no luck.Tried with and with out power (including engines running. I've tried Edit Failures and clear, No Luck. I have look for the two maintenance personnel no luck. Is there a way to correct this. or create a new plane?