CL650 altitude difference with P2A

alin14

Firstly I would like to thankyou and your team for a wonderful Sim. It certainly is a game changer for X-Plane.

My Bug is that I'm seeing an altitude difference between the 650 and Pilot to ATC (P2A) as much as a 1000feet. After e-mailing Dave of P2A he's responded with the following:-   

Sounds like you’re right that the aircraft is reporting the wrong altitude or displaying the wrong altitude. P2A uses the reported MSL Altitude as the altitude being flown, so if the aircraft reports something different from what it is displaying as MSL Altitude, then you would get this issue. Regards, Dave

You can contact Dave the architect of P2A at admin@p2atc.com if you need any clarification.

Once again a great flight sim Cheers Andy

On 3/3/2022 at 11:07 AM, oisin650 said:

In options (networking) make sure realistic temp is de-selected.  

I don’t think they’ll help as it has to detect an online network connection to disable the feature. It would be better for P2ATC to understand that temperature affects altimetry. Especially as this feature will be built into the simulator when version 12 is released.

Edited by Pils

3 hours ago, miro pacheco said:

This option should be flagged before starting the flight? Changing during flight didn't make much difference for me. What I did to workaround was to make a 4000ft difference in P2ATC, so it wouldn't complain about it. 

P2ATC is not in the list of supported “networks”.

8 hours ago, Pils said:

P2ATC is not in the list of supported “networks”.

there are a lot of clients, some are not network, but when I fly in such projects on the CL650 model, I get fines for not turning on or off the light at the wrong height from the client's point of view. make it possible to simply turn on and off as a tuning parameter, how to determine the height in an airplane model.

1 hour ago, leha74ru said:

there are a lot of clients, some are not network, but when I fly in such projects on the CL650 model, I get fines for not turning on or off the light at the wrong height from the client's point of view. make it possible to simply turn on and off as a tuning parameter, how to determine the height in an airplane model.

Yes, thank you again for the request. As you know the developer is well aware of it. Please let’s leave it at that. Repeating yourself will not make it happen sooner.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2022 at 12:00 AM, Pils said:

I don’t think they’ll help as it has to detect an online network connection to disable the feature. It would be better for P2ATC to understand that temperature affects altimetry. Especially as this feature will be built into the simulator when version 12 is released.

But it shouldn't be an issue however XP12 computes it in the future as long as XPlane is reporting the same altitude that is displayed on instrumentation of acft running on it.  The problem here is that this airplane is doing its altimetry independent of the platform.  However the platform computes the altitude, for better or worse, the add-ons running on it need to be able to do it the same way, or it creates obvious disconnects between the add-on and everything in the rest of the world.  Interconnectivity doesn't benefit from having things done in precisely the correct way, but rather by doing them precisely the *same* standardized way.

Radar Contact 4 is having the same problem as what the OP reported here with P2ATC.  It uses the altitude reported by XP11 via XPUIPC.  The CL650's indicated altitude differs by sometimes several thousand feet from that.

Bob