Speed Select and Altitude Select knobs operation

jcjimmy

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, FYG001 said:

Or activate the SCROLL function, and linear to how FAST you scroll. Being cleared from say 3000ft to say FL380 takes an enormous amount of clicks. Or am I missing something? 

It would be click, hold, and release. For the time being the developer believes the current manipulation options are sufficient.

2 hours ago, FYG001 said:

Sorry, does not work for me. Click and hold. Only click.

Have to click several hundred times during a flight to move ALTS , HDG and SPD

I didn’t say it worked, I meant that’s what they are asking for on this thread. Use the mouse wheel, it accelerates as you keep scrolling.

55 minutes ago, FYG001 said:

Anyone can help me with this please? So I have scroll mouse button zooms in and out, does not move up or down HDG, ALT & SPD knobs.

It would help if you can make a screen recording on your PC while you try to scroll one of the knobs with your mouse and upload it to YouTube or similar. No-one else has reported being unable to use the knobs in this manner that I know of. Thanks.

1 hour ago, FYG001 said:

Hi Pils, - SOLVED - it is the RIGHT hand mouse button you need to hold, NOT the left hand button. Silly

I’m sorry I still don’t understand. Right mouse button usually activates free look in X-Plane. Do you not have a scroll wheel on your mouse?

Hi Pils, this is the setup:

Simple Logic mouse, two buttons, single scroll wheel

Clicking and holding right button gives free look

Clicking and holding right button, AND scrolling gives free look AND zoom in and out

Clicking and holding right button over an FCP button, AND scrolling moves that setting quickly, compared to single clicks. Drawback is that as soon as you move a little bit away from the button, you're in the previous free look zoom mode

Clicking and holding LEFT button AND scrolling over an FCP button does nothing, contrary to e.g. the Aerobask Phenom 300

Hope this makes it a bit more clear? 

Edited by FYG001