How to find CG to enter into takeoff page?

Laertesson3

7 minutes ago, softreset said:

For me, with the Thrustmaster T16000M I've been finding 4.4-4.6 to be a better setting with a vanilla controller profile. I was finding anything north of 5.0 the plane was leaping off the runway and blowing through 15 degrees of pitch on take off roll.

Just curious, when using 5-6 units how much forward pitch movement were you putting in after the initial pull/lift off? I’m still mastering it with the Honeycomb, tbh.

Edited by Pils

With a TO N1 of about 89%, pitch of 5.5 units and about 10-12% range of travel on my T16000M into the full pitch range I was rotating to about 22 degrees before 250 AGL.

With that same setup, at 4.4 units, I was closer to about 15 degrees at 250 AGL.

Through 1000 AGL, I'm still setting the elevator trim to just outside of the green band to settle on 8-10 degrees of pitch for the transition into FD sync.

Part of the challenge, obviously is the joystick. As I have to go hands off to manipulate the mouse. I suspect I'd be in better shape with a yoke, being able to apply constant positive pressure with my non-mouse hand.

As a result I've tried to bind 95% of my needs to my Streamdeck so I can keep my hand on the joystick as often as possible during manual flight, so I don't have to be perfectly in trim.

1 hour ago, Laertesson3 said:

Thanks for the replies Guys, kind of puzzling that we have all these study menus and no CG info/trim calculations?

not complaining, I love the aircraft and it seems a lot of work is going into it post release, hopefully it gets added soon.

Just one of those things that was deemed non-critical to release. It’s not the same as an airliner with 200 pax.

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2022 at 1:46 PM, flyingfudge said:

If you've got an Ipad.

I tried that out.

Doesn't work really well in my case. If I put 4 pax in the front 4 seats, 200lbs in the baggage compartment and load about 7.000-8.000lbs of fuel, this tool calculates a CG of 27% with a TO trim setting of 5.0

If I use that in the sim (and loading the pax/baggage stations via X-Plane according to the calculation made), I end up with a nose-heavy aircraft for takeoff that I can barely lift off the ground.

Has someone tried that out, and finds the calculation to match the actual sim behavior?