CDU3 flashing between Trust limit and Perf. menu

divinglyc

Hi! I have an issue to report. After updating to v.1.4.1, when flying(after taking off), my CDU3 would flash between TRUST Limit page and Perf. Menu page.

It wouldn't react to any input of the button pressed(on the CDU3). I have attached the video for reference.

Any possible bug here? Thanks!

ps. the other 2 CDUs are OK!

Edited by divinglyc

Just now, Pils said:

Ah. Yes. I don’t know for sure it’s the same bug but thanks for providing the additional information. You probably don’t ever need to change this, FWIW. We’re you trying to simulate a packs-on-engine-bleed take off?

That's right. I turned off the APU and use engine bleed for pack.... I was not following the checklist (Leave the APU on till in the air).

I don't know if this is wrong for this aircraft? I did this because I didn't want the APU to use too much fuel from the right tank causing imbalance...

Back to this issue.. is it a bug or?

5 minutes ago, divinglyc said:

I don't know if this is wrong for this aircraft?

It’s not the normal SOP, but if that’s how you want to operate it then it’s perfectly capable of being operated that way. Dealing with a fuel imbalance from the APU is also normal, done with the L to AUX fuel transfer.

6 minutes ago, divinglyc said:

Back to this issue.. is it a bug or?

The pages flashing back and forth? Absolutely. Thanks for letting us know.

4 minutes ago, Pils said:

It’s not the normal SOP, but if that’s how you want to operate it then it’s perfectly capable of being operated that way. Dealing with a fuel imbalance from the APU is also normal, done with the L to AUX fuel transfer.

The pages flashing back and forth? Absolutely. Thanks for letting us know.

Thank you so much! I wiill try the L to Aux transfer next time.:)

11 hours ago, Pils said:

Of the issue, are you able to reproduce it again? If so, what exact steps did you take, please? Thanks.

OK! I have done two more flights and it seems not related with the  engine bleed selection on the thrust page. I followed the SOP (leave APU on while taking off) and took off without engine bleed for the pack. The CDU3 still flashed after I took off and vanished after I landed. Weird.... is it related to take off or landing?

11 minutes ago, divinglyc said:

OK! I have done two more flights and it seems not related with the  engine bleed selection on the thrust page. I followed the SOP (leave APU on while taking off) and took off without engine bleed for the pack. The CDU3 still flashed after I took off and vanished after I landed. Weird.... is it related to take off or landing?

I have no idea. But we would need exact reproductions steps. Maybe you could record a brief video from cold and dark to takeoff? That would be helpful for debugging. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Pils said:

I have no idea. But we would need exact reproductions steps. Maybe you could record a brief video from cold and dark to takeoff? That would be helpful for debugging. Thank you.

Hmm... there seems to be no specific steps.. I just did normal steps( as what I did previously) and took off then found out the flashing CDU3...

If I record from cold and dark to take off, I am afraid the size of the video would be too big...

So I am the only one so far? :(