[SOLVED 2658] Always there is ice on wings the following day

Gábor

Still an observation, please check fellow pilots. However the engine cool down now working fine, still there is an issue. The following day when I load in there is ice on the wing. Always. Even there is no minus and there was no icing the previous day. After that when I quit and reload XP, the ice is not there. This is since ver 1.0. Thanks for checking.

Edited by Gábor

• Gábor changed the title to Always there is ice on wings the following day

Guys, to be honest those temperatures about fuel and overnight do not matter. Why? Because when I quit XP after I saw there is ice on the wing and restart it, there is no ice, just clean wings. Just 4 minutes passed.

By the way I parked one time at LICR, which is Sicily, it was above zero all night. But ice welcomed me there when the temperature was like 15 Celsius. Like always.

Just to clear the ice simulation does not use real temperatures and weather from the past, it extrapolates from the current OAT and weather conditions only. Could it be tuned? Of course, and your feedback will be helpful. There is an algorithm, it isn’t random as some have alluded to.

Also, to add to what @Pilsmentioned - it's the temperature at load time that matters. If you have some weather injector that's putting a temperature in or updating after loading, that could be an issue.  If you are having this sort of issue, please get into the habit of checking the temperature on the XP weather screen before loading into the Challenger 650.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Graeme_77 said:

Also, to add to what @Pilsmentioned - it's the temperature at load time that matters. If you have some weather injector that's putting a temperature in or updating after loading, that could be an issue.  If you are having this sort of issue, please get into the habit of checking the temperature on the XP weather screen before loading into the Challenger 650.

I am using xEnviro...

• Graeme_77 changed the title to [SOLVED 2658] Always there is ice on wings the following day

Issue solved, fix will be in next version.

"I've added a delay at boot before icing is applied. That should hopefully give enough time to any weather injector to come alive. I've also implemented historical METAR reading for the nearest station, which will give accurate temps and weather evolution. This mechanism is used if we detect that real weather has been configured by the user (either using X-Plane's weather, ASXP, xEnviro or XP-NOAA)."

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Graeme_77 said:

...This mechanism is used if we detect that real weather has been configured by the user (either using X-Plane's weather, ASXP, xEnviro or XP-NOAA)...

Hi, thanks a lot for this enhancement!

Two remaining questions:
How do you "detect", that real weather has been configured by the user? From the date of the METAR in the metar.rwx?
Isn't it by design, that you explicitly use "real weather" from your own sources instead of evaluating the Xplane or XPlane-injected weather?
(there have been some discussion here in the Forum why the use of "historic or custom weather" does prevent to use the FMS datalink features for instance.

TNX Xaver