14TH Stage Isolation Valve Stuck in closed position

Philippe TORNE

Hello,

Today I did my flight preparation as usual (Career Mode) following exactly the procedures provided. During the After Start Checklist, I had two issues : SUPP GND WING ANTI-ICE failed, with FAIL LO TEMP light illuminated after 2 minutes. Following the checklist, I discovered that the 14TH STAGE ISOL VALVE test failed also (Valve didn’t close even in the Study Bleed Systems menu). I flew the same airframe as yesterday, and followed the exact shutdown procedures at the end of the previous flight.

I checked the breakers and didn’t found any of them popped out. As I don’t have the QRH, It has been impossible for me to solve the issue, and I had no other choice than continuing the flight, which is quite unrealistic and frustrating.

My first question is : are these two failures linked ? And the second is : what could be the reason and how to solve it if it happens again on my next flight ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Philippe

Edited by Philippe TORNE

New flight today with the same airframe. 14TH stage valve working fine, but SUPP GND WING ANTI-ICE test still failed. Followed exactly the same preflight procedures as during the last flight. Without any documentation (QRH, FCOM,…) it is very difficult to solve any failure and understand how the systems work. Very very frustrating. 

I tried a Go-Arround at arrival, it was a total mess with the virtual co-pilot. He retracted my landing gear on short final (2nd landing - landing gear was retracted during initial go-around, and deployed during the second approach) and was still doing items during taxiing to the gate.

Regards,

Philippe

Edited by Philippe TORNE