Max fuel and range?

piperpilot99

4000 nm is possible when slowing it down to the LRC values. Put in M.72 into simbrief and it'll get you into the safe profile to say you have the range. It defaults to M.80 and that will not be possible. Also know that you will have to manually slow down and climb as you get lighter. I have never done it, but there are discussions galore on the subject in discord and I've seen a thread here before as well.

4 hours ago, piperpilot99 said:

Is there any documentation for this? If I try and go transatlantic with the CL60 Simbrief profile, it tells me I don't have the range.

You should consider:

• Carrying less payload
  • Slowing down
  • Making a fuel stop in Shannon (EINN) westbound or St. John's/Gander (CYYT/CYQX) eastbound. 

• 1 month later...

The plane is sold with a 4000NM range but can't make that. We count on 3600 tops. That is a very close call to go west on the NAT, especially with an early descend into Boshwash. 

Also on paper the aircraft takes 20 000 lbs, we see in real life this is typically max 19 000 lbs. 

Edited by FYG001
Added fuel values

On 3/10/2022 at 12:00 PM, FYG001 said:

The plane is sold with a 4000NM range but can't make that. We count on 3600 tops. That is a very close call to go west on the NAT, especially with an early descend into Boshwash.

Then you're not doing the proper adjustments up the FLs, for long cruises you'll do step climb and slow down as you lighten up to a M.72 cruise speed. Doing so, you'll see 4000 nm easily in this CL60.