ats stays on fail

kemet

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 10:28 PM, oisin650 said:

Hello, 

Pressing disconnect A/T again will clear the FAIL message from the ATS screen. Pressing AT toggle will re-enable ATS and SPEED will display. Could you walk us through what exactly you are doing?

its not worknig. maybe I need to press both left and right ? I have assigned only for one side

• 5 months later...

As far as I can tell you can’t turn the ATS back on inflight. If you use the automated checklist it shuts down the ATS every time. Under these circumstances I cannot figure out how to turn the ATS back on. Is this consistent with the real aircraft? If so it would mean the ATS is not certified for approach and landing.

Edited by Capt Kdog

As far as I can tell the ATS cannot be turned on on inflight after using the automated checklist. The ATS goes of automatically. Which leads me to the conclusion that if this is consistent with the real airplane than the ATS is not certified for approach and landing anybody know if that’s true?

7 hours ago, Capt Kdog said:

As far as I can tell you can’t turn the ATS back on inflight. If you use the automated checklist it shuts down the ATS every time. Under these circumstances I cannot figure out how to turn the ATS back on. Is this consistent with the real aircraft? If so it would mean the ATS is not certified for approach and landing.

Make sure you've got a valid N1 value indicating on the EICAS.   eg: Automated "in range checklist" doesn't always automatically do this for you. You have to insert the appropriate N1 thrust required for the go-around in the FMS "PERF" page. Without a valid N1 the ATS disconnects and will not reconnect until the N1 value is set. I'm pretty sure a similar situation can occur with the after takeoff automated checklist. I believe if it's delayed past 15,000 ft the ATS will lose the N1 target and disengage. ( after t/off checklist calls for transition to CLB thrust )

11 hours ago, Capt Kdog said:

As far as I can tell you can’t turn the ATS back on inflight

Yes you can

the automated checklist it shuts down the ATS every time

This is not the case

it would mean the ATS is not certified for approach and landing

Yes it is. 

4 hours ago, flyingfudge said:

You have to insert the appropriate N1 thrust required for the go-around in the FMS "PERF" page.

Selecting TO thrust would be standard but either works

Without a valid N1 the ATS disconnects and will not reconnect until the N1 value is set.

Correct and the likely source of ATS issues on this thread

I believe if it's delayed past 15,000 ft the ATS will lose the N1 target

Yes! Ensure APU packs trans is complete and CLB thrust selected prior to this 

• Like 3