ITT on engine start

reddeviln

22 hours ago, reddeviln said:

In the checklist it says that before introducing fuel the ITT should be below 120C. However even on a one hour turnaround or sometimes overnight stop I come to the aircraft with an ITT sitting at 190C. What is the recommended procedure here? Dry running the starter? 

Thanks

If you still have temps of 190C after an overnight stop, I'd say you have a problem. The engines should be at ambient temperature.

15 minutes ago, JJM said:

If you still have temps of 190C after an overnight stop, I'd say you have a problem. The engines should be at ambient temperature.

This kind of “real time” cooling is not currently simulated. This and cooling/heating of other fluids, surfaces, etc., will be added in future updates as development priorities permit.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 4:21 AM, Marder1986 said:

Fuel off, Ignt off. Motering with Starter below 120°C. - Done.

Motoring.jpg

You could definitely do this, but in reality a normal start sequence works much better. Just wait until ITT is below 120 before introducing fuel. There is really no need to go through a whole dry motoring cycle, wait 5 minutes, then commence a normal start.

We would really only use the true dry motor procedure after an aborted start to clear any unburned fuel from the combustors.

• Upvote 1

On 2/4/2022 at 9:04 AM, reddeviln said:

In the checklist it says that before introducing fuel the ITT should be below 120C. However even on a one hour turnaround or sometimes overnight stop I come to the aircraft with an ITT sitting at 190C. What is the recommended procedure here? Dry running the starter? 

Thanks

As noted above the temp not dropping overnight has been fixed. But on a turnaround you may find the ITT is above 120 dec C. Simply hold off moving the throttle from CUTOFF until the ITT drops, it won't take long.

• Upvote 1