X-Plane crashes when loading TBM

borisvp

Hi,

Almost every time, X-Plane crashes to desktop after the first load of the TBM. It works after starting XP for the second or third time. In this case, I get this mesage window:

image.png.0ff42a13b2cd42fb8d0e07f965216252.png

There seems to be no visible difference when clicking yes or no, the aircraft is always at the place where I left it. Sometimes, XP crashes again, sometimes not.

There is also no difference in the crash behavior between resuming the last flight or loading a new one.

SCEL is not installed. 

Hotstart please provide a solution.

Thanks and Regards

Boris

I have prepared a few log files for you. 

Situation: Airport EDDN, real weather, real time (1700UTC/1800LCL/night)

Installed scenery addons: X-Europe scenery

Plugins: X-Life, Gizmo64, xPilot

Result:

4 crashes in a row (log files 1-4), always loading the same situation.

Success with the TBM, after loading at daytime and then switched to real time (log file 5)

SInce it might appear that there is a problem with X-Life (crash logs stop here), I tried again with the original situation (real time/night), but this time with the Zibo mod 737 aircraft (log file 6, success).

logs.rar

Does this happen regardless of location?

Try to not compare other add ons.  The Zibo 737 is built upon the default 737, and is coded differently.  The TBM could be conflicting with some traffic or scenery bug.  

Before digging any deeper, try loading the TBM at SCIP and see if the problem persists.  

Why SCIP? Because it's in the middle of nowhere? 

No crash on first load in SCIP (which is a new thing; seems like we start to get somewhere). After restarting XP and loading the TBM in EDDN (same situation as yesterday), no crash either.

I didn't compare addons, BTW. I saw the log file stopping with loading X-Life and wanted to check if the crash could be X-Life related.

Scenery wise, I have X-Europe and nothing else.

13 hours ago, borisvp said:

Why SCIP? Because it's in the middle of nowhere? 

Pretty much what Pils said, but also, it has the least amount of scenery, so load times are much quicker.  It's the developers choice of airport when it comes to testing add ons.

13 hours ago, borisvp said:

I didn't compare addons, BTW. I saw the log file stopping with loading X-Life and wanted to check if the crash could be X-Life related.

It very well could be.  Just keep an eye on things, and make a note of the crashes.  I know other people have X-Life installed, and they haven't had any problems.  But it's impossible to know what causes the crashes without physically being at your PC.  The only solutions are to test at default airports, or vanilla X-Plane installs.

Keep us posted on what happens.

It is the combination of the TBM and X-Life which causes problems. Without X-Life, the TBM starts fine in all situations. With X-Life, it sometimes starts fine, sometimes X-Plane crashes. I could not reproduce a specific behavior. All I can say is that the flight starts, and after the X-Life airport list update message has appeared, it either crashes after 5-30 seconds or it keeps running.

While my current solution is to fly the TBM without X-Life, this isn't ideal, of course. Is there anything that can be done to have the TBM functioning with X-Life?

Not as far as we know.  It's simply a case of conflicting plugins, but without knowing where the conflict is, it's impossible to determine a solution.  We'll keep an eye out for any further cases, and if we come up with some kind of solution or workaround, we'll be sure to post it.  In any case, with XP12 coming out soon, things might change.

Well... ok. Whatever. 

Don't you represent the developer? If so, I'd expect that you guys set up a test environment and see if you can reproduce the error. And if you can, try to determine the reason. Keeping an eye out is not exactly what I have thought of. Not for a 60$ add-on. X-Life is not so uncommon, I would think. What about the CL650? I intended to buy this add-on. What if I lash out over 100$ and have the same issue?

Is anybody here who runs the TBM together with X-Life? If that's the case, there must be a solution.

Edited by borisvp

28 minutes ago, borisvp said:

Don't you represent the developer?

He is the developer, along with one other person.

29 minutes ago, borisvp said:

If so, I'd expect that you guys set up a test environment and see if you can reproduce the error.

It is not reasonable to assume devs will install every add-on known to man for you. Additionally, we do our best to test in our machines, as well as beta testers. No test environment will ever fully replicate that of your own.

Thanks for taking the time to help us help you. It's a team effort.

4 hours ago, oldflyguy said:

Have you requested that the "X Life" devs do the same?  The TBM works wonderfully with XP (along with many plug-in's) some don't work.  It's not a perfect world.  Not an XP issue.

This is a longstanding issue they have been aware of for now going on two years with zero interest to resolve.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 7:46 PM, Cameron said:

It is not reasonable to assume devs will install every add-on known to man for you.

That's not what I'd expect. But when I report a problem with a specific addon, I'd expect that you check and either verify  - or find that it must have a different reason because it works for you. 

But from your answers I tell that there really is an issue with X-Life and the TBM. So - why don't you tell that to your customer on the product page? There are other traffic addons out there, and I had known beforehand.

Does your CL650 have the same issue with X-Life?

Boris