Sound issue

mbooker

Hi,

I'm loving the 737 classic but have recently encountered an issue with my sounds. I can hear cockpit sounds, but as soon as I turn the autobrake switch as an example, the cockpit sounds go quiet for 5-7 secs. Is this normal? 

Matt

Edited by mbooker

No, that is certainly not normal :(

We are using OpenAL for the sounds and on some systems the available sound channels are taken up which precludes playing "more" sounds. One way to troubleshoot is checking if you run any other plugins that might use or block channels or other resources.

To test you can move other resources out of your /Resources folder or move the corresponding folders... or maybe even just temporarily disabling them in the plugin manager might work, although that is not a certain way to avoid the plugin starting up when X-Plane starts and acquiring the channels/resources.

Let me know how that goes?

Sorry to hear you are having problems, Jan

29 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hi Matt,

then something may be up with your software setup - OpenAL library or some other Windows/Memory problem. I am not computer savy enough to troubleshoot this from afar, you could attach your log.txt here and maybe someone can glean some information from that?

Cheers, Jan

I'm at a loss at this point. 

Thanks again for your help. 

Log.rar

Edited by mbooker

You need to get rid of all of this stuff:

Loaded: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/AutoGate/64/win.xpl (Marginal.AutoGate).

AviTab version 0.4.6
Loaded: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/AviTab/win_x64/AviTab.xpl (org.solhost.folko.avitab).

2022-02-01 19:53:49 BetterPushback[xplane.c:539]: This is BetterPushback-v0.48 libacfutils-0e818a4
Loaded: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/BetterPushback/64/win.xpl (skiselkov.BetterPushback).

Initializing Enhanced Skyscapes 2021.10.29!
Loaded: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/Enhanced Skyscapes/win.xpl (BiologicalNanobot.enhanced_skyscapes).

FlyWithLua: Your system path is D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/
FlyWithLua: System Dir: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/
FlyWithLua: Plugin Dir: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua
FlyWithLua: Plugin Scripts Dir: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts
FlyWithLua: Plugin Internals Dir: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Internals/
FlyWithLua: Plugin Modules Dir: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Modules/
FlyWithLua: Plugin Scripts Quarantine Dir: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts (Quarantine)/
FlyWithLua: Plugin Version: 2.7.31 build Nov  3 2021 14:15:47
Loaded: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/64/win.xpl (CarstenLynker.FlyWithLua.NG).

Loaded: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/SAM/win_x64/SAM.xpl (stairportsceneries.plugin.aos).

[0.0000] Terrain radar plugin: version 1.27.0.61cb9ab1.xplm301
[0.0000] Terrain radar plugin: int ver  102700
[0.0000] Terrain radar plugin: plugin directiory is, D:\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\TerrainRadar\
Loaded: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/TerrainRadar/64/win.xpl (drgluck.plugins.terrain_radar).

Loaded: D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/VolantaPlugin/win_x64/VolantaPlugin.xpl (volanta.plugin).

I count 8 plugins, of which quite a few are very invasive and problematic.

My money is on fly-with-lua, though.

Hmm, can you show me a log.txt with all those plugins removed?

Just these lines here are a smoking gun, I think...

FlyWithLua Info: Start loading script file D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts/B2VolumeControl.lua
FlyWithLua Info: Finished loading script file D:\Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/FlyWithLua/Scripts/B2VolumeControl.lua
FlyWithLua Info: All script files loaded successfully.

So far I have turned the anti-virus off, removed the ixeg, re-installed it and moved plugins out of the plugins folder but no luck... 

I'm at a loss what more I can do my end. I haven't made any changes and up until a few days ago I was flying the 737 without issue.  

I will post the log.txt later today. 

• Like 1

Hmm, this is really puzzling - we have had some reports about sound problems, but never anything like this where it would just pause and then come back.

I really don´t know, either - especially since it was working for you before.

Maybe some Windows update? :(

When you fly a real airplane and suddenly your engine quits - my instructor always told me to UNDO the last thing that you did before it happened. The problem is remembering what it was...

Edited by Litjan

I've just done the windows updates it prompted me to do, hoping that something may have been out of whack there but still the issue remains. 

I even clicked "verify integrity of game files" on Steam, which I presume is the equivalent of a repair... 

I guess for now the IXEG will have to be pulled back into the hanger until such a day when it decides to work again :(

Edited by mbooker

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Bummer. For what it is worth the plan is to migrate the sounds to the FMOD platform as we make it fully compatible with the upcoming XP12 platform...that should change a lot of things sound-related and will be worth trying out then.

Sorry I could not help any further, Jan

Thank you so much for your help, Jan.

If it in the meantime anything changes I will let you know. 

• Like 1