Feature Request

OAK738

First off.. wow! This is the most mind-blown I've ever been in 25+ years of flight simulation. Hands down.. outstanding work!

I noticed the ground services status page has "Tow" status. Is this simply for Better Pushback integration or am I missing something? I really miss the JAR Tug Master utility for XP10. Is there any chance of implementing a custom "tow" module to be able to manually move the aircraft?

Edited by OAK738
  • Like 1

Better pushback fit all my needs and approximates manual mode I think because you can draw the tow path.  Granted, you can't just get in the driver's seat and just drive.  Interesting idea though.

Siselkov wrote betterpushback and he's part of the team behind the Challenger so the integration is seamless.

I don't think that you can just stick a hand tow bar and move the plane by yourself like you would a C172.  This is a 12 ton aircraft (higher when loaded).  That's a lot of plane to tow manually?

1 hour ago, Muchimi said:

Better pushback fit all my needs and approximates manual mode I think because you can draw the tow path.  Granted, you can't just get in the driver's seat and just drive.  Interesting idea though.

Siselkov wrote betterpushback and he's part of the team behind the Challenger so the integration is seamless.

I don't think that you can just stick a hand tow bar and move the plane by yourself like you would a C172.  This is a 12 ton aircraft (higher when loaded).  That's a lot of plane to tow manually?

Interesting, I didn't know that. Yeah, betterpushback is great 99% of the time, but something like the TBM's tow bar feature would be convenient at times. Correct, the feature would have to be in the form of a Lecktro style tug (as betterpushback models).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OAK738 said:

Interesting, I didn't know that. Yeah, betterpushback is great 99% of the time, but something like the TBM's tow bar feature would be convenient at times. Correct, the feature would have to be in the form of a Lecktro style tug (as betterpushback models).

I would LOVE to be able to drive a lektro and tow the plane around. I could even use it as a training aid for new line service guys. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dirmer3 said:

I would LOVE to be able to drive a lektro and tow the plane around. I could even use it as a training aid for new line service guys. 

Anything that isn’t part of the core “pilot job simulation” is probably going to be at the bottom of the backlog but you never know. :)

2 hours ago, Pils said:

Anything that isn’t part of the core “pilot job simulation” is probably going to be at the bottom of the backlog but you never know. :)

I definitely wouldn't be disappointed if that wasn't an added feature. You'd definitely never see a pilot driving a lektro.

59 minutes ago, dirmer3 said:

I definitely wouldn't be disappointed if that wasn't an added feature. You'd definitely never see a pilot driving a lektro.

Haha you've clearly never worked for a cheap corporate flight department. Now there's the simulation immersion..

"Part 135 setting - On"

*Phone Rings* "Hi, this is Jenny with Hot Start Flight Support, I know you said you were scheduled to depart in an hour but uh,.. your passengers are in the lobby." "Jenny, stall for me! I need the fuel truck ASAP!" *Phone rings again* "This is lead passenger ______. We are ready to go, where are you!? My broker is going to hear about this!" *Phone Rings* "Hi, this is ____ from (broker), my clients inform me that you're not ready for them? What is going on?!"

"Part 91 setting - On" would be your Owner telling you to be ready at 9am and then not showing up until 9pm.  :)

Edited by OAK738
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, OAK738 said:

Haha you've clearly never worked for a cheap corporate flight department. Now there's the simulation immersion..

"Part 135 setting - On"

*Phone Rings* "Hi, this is Jenny with Hot Start Flight Support, I know you said you were scheduled to depart in an hour but uh,.. your passengers are in the lobby." "Jenny, stall for me! I need the fuel truck ASAP!" *Phone rings again* "This is lead passenger ______. We are ready to go, where are you!? My broker is going to hear about this!" *Phone Rings* "Hi, this is ____ from (broker), my clients inform me that you're not ready for them? What is going on?!"

"Part 91 setting - On" would be your Owner telling you to be ready at 9am and then not showing up until 9pm.  :)

I have 100% seen both of these things happen! Lol so true. Sometimes the pax don't even show. They're out there running the APU for 4 hours and then they shut down and walk back into the FBO defeated and mourning the extra sleep they could have gotten.

Still, we'd never let a pilot tow his own plane regardless of how late he was.

Edited by dirmer3

1 hour ago, dirmer3 said:

I have 100% seen both of these things happen! Lol so true. Sometimes the pax don't even show. They're out there running the APU for 4 hours and then they shut down and walk back into the FBO defeated and mourning the extra sleep they could have gotten.

Haha, yup! Been there, done that.

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2022 at 6:43 PM, OAK738 said:

"Part 135 setting - On"

Sounds familiar... :rolleyes:  Glad I'm not the only one! 

Rich

• Like 1

On 2/1/2022 at 5:48 PM, dirmer3 said:

The pilots used to tow our airplanes.  After a few close calls, we put the kibosh on that.  

• Upvote 1