[LOGGED 2765] Auto Throttle

ASCAirLimo

Not sure if this is a bug or something I am doing wrong. When I disengage the A/P and A/T, I am not getting back control of the throttles. I get the graphic in the lower right to sync back up my throttles, but the throttles in the plane do not move. It's like they are still in auto mode. I am clicking the ATS button on the glare shield and then pressing the buttons on the back of the throttle handles, but that doesn't help. I am getting the disconnect message and clearing that message but it's not working. I am having to re-engage the ATS and land using the speed dial while the auto throttles maintain that speed. Not sure if this is the latest version issue as I've flown four flights with it so far and two ctd and two had the throttle issue. I don't recall this happening in previous versions, but then again I was fumbling my way around. Good news is I am at least finishing the flights now. :)

Any help would be appreciated. 

No need to press ATS button and A/T disconnect, one or the other is sufficient.

When you see the “ghost throttles” graphic, as we call them, you need to sync up your physical hardware (the outlined boxes) with the position in the sim (the ATS boxes) before your physics hardware are “reconnected” to the virtual cockpit throttle levers.

Hope that helps.

I am seeing the same thing as the OP.

I can't regain or move the physical throttles and the ATS graphic is showing with the top-most position blinking red and the actual ATS 'boxes' where they should be with 200k dialed into the Speed value.

If I reengage ATS, the throttles move to meet what's needed for the speed value.

Even before starting the engines (at step 51 in Flight Compartment Checklist) I couldn't move the throttles.

I'm not sure how I got into this out of synch situation. I've had several flights and this is the first time this has happened. I'll just start a new airframe, but thought I'd add this observation.

Thanks for the reply.

Starting a new airframe or just use the not-FPB mode and it all works like it should. So, not a hardware issue. 

I, somehow, got things into a state where it acts as detailed above. I had been reviewing my joystick settings, but not changing anything. Maybe that has something to do with it: entering joystick setting...moving axis around...exiting settings and throttle no longer can be moved.

If it happens again, I'll return with some more information.

I am having a similar issue after landing.

If I land with ATS engaged, I can't get manual control of the throttle levers.  The graphic shows in the bottom right side, with the blinking position box at the top and the ATS box at the bottom.  I know my hardware is working, and the levers show correctly in the joystick setup page.

The ATS system is disabled.  If I turn it on, the throttles move up, but they stay stuck wherever they are when ATS is turned off.  But the 'position' of my throttle levers seems to be stuck at 100%.  I can move them with the mouse, but it's doesn't change anything regarding the out-of-sync ATS and manual positions.

I'm using a honeycomb bravo if this helps.

Some more info:

On the ground with the engines off (after finishing a flight) I can manually move the throttles to the cutoff position.  Using the mouse if I move them to the idle position, the levers slowly creep up to full, regardless of what my hardware throttle is doing.  This happens even if my bravo is unplugged.  The move is slow, about the same rate at the takeoff throttle up when ATS is engaged.  Is it possible the ATS system isn't getting disengaged, even when it appears to be?  Not sure what else could be going on, since it happens even with my hardware unplugged, I don't think that's it.

1 hour ago, BluesmanEP said:

Some more info:

On the ground with the engines off (after finishing a flight) I can manually move the throttles to the cutoff position.  Using the mouse if I move them to the idle position, the levers slowly creep up to full, regardless of what my hardware throttle is doing.  This happens even if my bravo is unplugged.  The move is slow, about the same rate at the takeoff throttle up when ATS is engaged.  Is it possible the ATS system isn't getting disengaged, even when it appears to be?  Not sure what else could be going on, since it happens even with my hardware unplugged, I don't think that's it.

Very odd. Could you take some progressive screenshots, or better yet a video, when this situation occurs please?

I managed to get a bad resolution video of the issue - unfortunately you can't see the mouse which would be helpful.

The first video shows a (very bad, sorry!) landing with ATS engaged.  It goes to FAIL after landing, and you can see the red boxes start to flash.  After this point I have no hardware control of the throttle levers, although the mouse works perfectly well.  If I disable ATS before landing and use manual throttles there are no issues.

After turning off the runway, I park and move throttle 1 with my mouse.  Then I shut the engine down and you can see the lever moving on it's own.  All this was done with the mouse, hardware throttles are still unresponsive.

The second video is parked with both engines off.  Using the mouse I move the levers from cutoff to idle and you can see them move by themselves.

I also noticed that the levers move by themselves when the plane is completely powered down - all screens dark, no APU or GPU and no Main Battery.  I don't have a video, but it's the same behavior.  The levers move by themselves when the throttle is moved out of cutoff.

Note, this only happens after a landing.  When I first load the plane, prep, taxi, takeoff etc. there are no issues at all.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Sorry this message seemed to slip through the net. There's no reason I can see for the hardware position (red flashing outline on the thrust lever overlay) to move - the CL650 does not control that in any way as it simply reflects the position of the hardware input supplied by X-Plane.

Edit: The issue is caused by using the stock binding for Autopilot auto-throttle speed toggle. You can clear the issue with the binding Autopilot auto-throttle all modes off. I will submit an enhancement request to fix this behaviour.

Edited by Graeme_77

• Graeme_77 changed the title to [LOGGED 2765] Auto Throttle