Write error during installation (sofa.obj)

TMV45

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2022 at 2:29 AM, Cameron said:

This error is a clear indication that you are NOT running the latest version of the installer.

Hi,

Where can I get the latest version of the installer?  I've downloaded from x-aviation what seems to be the latest one for the 1.5.2 and I'm getting this error message.

Thanks!

Edited by Joel

21 hours ago, Pils said:

This is where I've downloaded the installer. And it's showing me this error at some point during the installation.

I've tried running it as admin, downloading it several times and uninstalling the plane and nothing seems to work for me.

Any idea why this is happening??

Thanks!!

21 hours ago, Pils said:

Some kind of networking issue? Do you have a VPN you can use? Or not use as the case may be. Maybe @Cameron has other ideas for traceroutes or the such.

Hi, I dont think it's a problem of my network or something on my end, since everything else works fine. I dont use a VPN.

Do you think there's any other solution other than using a VPN?

Thanks again for your help!

1 hour ago, Joel said:

Hi, I dont think it's a problem of my network or something on my end, since everything else works fine. I dont use a VPN.

Do you think there's any other solution other than using a VPN?

Thanks again for your help!

Some kind of overzealous network firewall? I’m not sure, only @Cameron can really say how it works, and how to troubleshoot it.

1 hour ago, Pils said:

Some kind of overzealous network firewall? I’m not sure, only @Cameron can really say how it works, and how to troubleshoot it.

I've tried installing it with the firewall and antivirus disabled and nothing at all... :wacko:

Let's hope he sees this post!

Thanks a lot for your help!

• 1 year later...

Got the exact same issue you mentioned in your first post, the first time I run the installer I get connection timeout at 100% download. I press ignore run the installer again and then it gives me the SOFA.obj error. 

The installer for version 1.6 worked without any issues this only started to happen with the 1.7 installer for me. Paying so much for a product to stop working after an update and not able to even go back to old version feels like ripoff.