Accurate Simulator for Real Life Practice

SGPilot88

Hello,

I am a student planning to take a Private Pilot License and is looking for a simulator. I been googling and watching YouTube of mainly 3 software but cannot come to a conclusion

1) MSFS 2020,  2) XPlane11, 3) P3D

I need a software that is most accurate in terms of flight physics as I want to practice maneuvers outside a normal flight envelope. Such as accident barrel rolls and vertical flights...etc. 

I have a high end computer and  willing to pay for pay ware planes.   Plane type will range from GA to Airlines.

The most important solo goal is the accuracy of the flight modelling and weather dynamics. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some flight schools start you on a high wing piston engine aircraft, like the 172.   Find out what you'll be flying. Until you find that out, fly the 172.

The default Cessna 172 in XPlane 11 is very good.

There's a reality expansion pack for it in the .org store, which is very good, and there are many freeware mods for it that are very good, including an mgouge one.

There's a commercial C172 from Airfoil Labs that I own in its 2015 steam gauge version and there's a 2021 garmin G1000 pfd/mfd equipped one.

There's a lot of nice add ons to give you feedback about your flying.

I own MSFS and love it but nobody considers it suitable yet for "study level" use,  even though you're asking on an X-plane oriented forum.

X-Plane 11 (and soon 12) is the place to be. Welcome.

Edited by InitiatedAunt74