Avitab in VR?

njflyer

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place, I am a newbie at XP and I was wondering if there is a way to run Avitab while in VR? I can only get it to work in 2D but I am a VR convert :) I installed the latest version from the org.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by njflyer

14 hours ago, -Paul- said:

I've found I can interact with Avitab using my VR controllers, not with the VR mouse cursor.

Thanks Paul, I will give it a shot, I dont usually use the VR controllers as I found it easier to use the mouse.. hopefully the Hotstart team can make this workable via the mouse in the future...

You can interact with the mouse in VR  BUT only if you pop out avitab as an extra window from the plugin menu (right click in VR)  , and place it where you like in the cockpit.. 
The built in avitab then mirrors it.. 
as mentioned , its an avitab limitation for all aircraft in VR , but this method  works really well for me...it also means you can resize the avitab window if you need to .. ... 
Bill P

Edited by wakevortex
  • Upvote 1

I have a hot key bound to Avitab on my keyboard and I use it with some success. The problem is when Avitab opens up the image in my Oculus Quest 2 is really big, so I just grab the bottom edge to make it smaller, I can then use my mouse to do anything in Avitab, in VR, every time I open it I have to resize it this way unfortunately.

On the same subject. I also have the Aerobask Eclipse 550 and it has it's own tablet with Avitab on it. I am able to do everything on this tablet including using Avitab and Navigraph, everything works without having to use any pop up window, I don't know how Aerobask did it(or Avitab) it just works great. The Aerobask Eclipse is the only one that works for me this way though.

• Upvote 1