Request: Altitude Up/Down 1000/100

Prefect99

Which, imho, would be pretty unreasonable. Without it my hardware becomes useless for that task. It's not a case of asking for something to be modelled visually to detract from the realism but to make varied hardware more usable and enhance enjoyment.

Taking that argument do we prevent nosewheel steering using anything but a tiller?

On 1/27/2022 at 11:55 AM, Pils said:

The real plane doesn’t have this option so I doubt it’ll be implemented by the developer.

Hi Pils, 

Question, the CL650 does not have a 1000' altitude turn knob option on the FCU?   On the CL300/CL350 that I fly, the altitude knob defaults to 1000' increments per each click when turning the knob.  If you push in, then it will revert to 100' increments.  It will stop at the entered MDA altitude if that is set in the baro selection. 

If find it interesting that these two airplanes, with nearly identical Proline 21 systems, behave so differently.  One other difference I noticed, in HotStart CL650 and I assume in the real CL650, you can pre-set the altimeter setting while in the flight levels and with the altimeter set to 29.92/1013mb.  In the CL300/350, we can't do that. 

Interesting....

Thanks,

Rich Boll 

• Like 1

I use the X-Touch Mini and have the altitude selector mapped to one of the encoders. It works perfectly for me, no problems changing the altitude very quickly. Could it be that the software you are using is causing some delay? I had this problem in the past with using another mapping software. Changing the altitude was quite a time consuming thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The aircraft has "acceleration" on the knobs which is also in the simulation - effectively the faster you spin the knobs the bigger the steps are. This was changed in one of the later versions, so hopefully the behaviour is now better for hardware users. The model is not likely to be modified to support a 1000/100 mode of operation, as it's not how the real aircraft is built. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 7:56 PM, Graeme_77 said:

The aircraft has "acceleration" on the knobs which is also in the simulation - effectively the faster you spin the knobs the bigger the steps are. This was changed in one of the later versions, so hopefully the behaviour is now better for hardware users. The model is not likely to be modified to support a 1000/100 mode of operation, as it's not how the real aircraft is built. 

That’s disappointing as acceleration may not help in my hardware case. As I’ve said before, while not prototypical, it would seem to be an easy dataref to create.

To me it is no different than enabling the aircraft to be steered on the ground using the rudder. That’s not how the real aircraft works either, but it is a compromise for hardware variations.

12 hours ago, Graeme_77 said:

I understand. I use the X-Touch midi controller and XMidiCtl as the plugin, and with that combination of hardware the altitude dial works to my satisfaction. The acceleration should work correctly with hardware.

The rotary encoders on the hardware I have quite stiff detents, if that's the right description. They are very definite, much like Garmin ones, and it's quite difficult to rotate them quickly.