[FIXED v1.3.1] CTD after shutdown checklist/manual input

OuterMarker

Hi everyone,

after the F/O finished the shutdown checklist I tried to manually advance to the securing checklist page without triggering the F/O to actually start the checklist. This usually works without issues however I accidentally turned the knob twice and landed back on the first item of the shutdown checklist. Without realising this I clicked the "push select" button once, the TAXI LIGHTS item got unchecked and when I clicked "push select" again the sim crashed. After that I loaded the auto save to check if this was actually the cause and it crashed again so I hope this is reproducible.

Cheers

ctd.jpeg

Your log does not contain a backtrace making this a very difficult issue to try and resolve. Did you remove all plugins per my post above? I see addons loading that aren't native to xplane vanilla. Please follow the directions found here:

Edited by CaptCrash

• CaptCrash changed the title to [NEEDS USER ACTION] CTD after shutdown checklist/manual input
  • CaptCrash changed the title to [OPEN] CTD after shutdown checklist/manual input

Hi, part of the reason we ask for a complete log is because it takes a long time and for us to try and replicate every crash on our end without a backtrace. Our system configuration is not the same as yours so some other variable may be at play. That being said, I took the time to try and duplicate your issue and was able to. Please in the future follow directions as posted in the forum to help us get the full log. Addons routinely crash xplane and windows is notorious for poor crash handling, akin to trying to use a sieve to scoop water. That is why we ask you to follow the post. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Edited by CaptCrash

• CaptCrash changed the title to [LOGGED 2527] CTD after shutdown checklist/manual input

Hi, I understand that and I do appreciate your help! I didn't feel the need to post multiple identical logs since neither showed a backtrace (I checked my fully loaded installation, no scenery and vanilla) and due to the nature and replicability of this crash it was obvious to me that this is unrelated to any plug-in or add-on. I get that you can't replicate each and every crash scenario though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2022 at 4:05 PM, severniae said:

Hi,

I have had the same crashes too - when manually using the checklist.

I won't post logs, as the above poster says I had a look myself and there is no backtrace, so little point. But I thought it worth noting that it doesn't appear to be isolated...

• Graeme_77 changed the title to [FIXED v1.3.1] CTD after shutdown checklist/manual input
  • Graeme_77 locked this topic