[OPEN 2823] CL650 and online IVAO flight

manguras

There is apparently no way to detect that the IVAO pilot client is online therefore the realistic altimetry, which is the cause of the altimeter under reading in your case, is always enabled. I believe there is a request with the Altitude developers to provide a mechanism. If you lend your voice to this request then it might help hasten its implementation. If/when this means exists then a feature request will be submitted to the CL-650 developer. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

in addition to IVAO, there are also clients in which I fly and these are not online flights, but there are penalties for lights on/off up to and above FL100. Therefore, we need a simple checkbox and not a definition of whether the client is running or not.

Edited by leha74ru
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Folks, this is not a Hot Start issue. You need to push IVAO client teams to work on this. You will notice that X-Pilot works perfectly. 

There is apparently no way to detect that the IVAO pilot client is online therefore the realistic altimetry, which is the cause of the altimeter under reading in your case, is always enabled. I believe there is a request with the Altitude developers to provide a mechanism. If you lend your voice to this request then it might help hasten its implementation. If/when this means exists then a feature request will be submitted to the CL-650 developer. Thanks.

• Like 1

This isn't just about online ATC programs--the nonstandard altimetry breaks compatibility with other utilities that determine altitude using the provided X-Plane dataref.

Why can't Hot Start just provide a user switch to turn the "realistic" altimetry off?  It's got to be a whole lot simpler than auto-detecting online communications from specific ATC programs, and it would preserve the option to employ the standard interface to X-Plane.  This *is* a Hot Start issue--this is the *only* add-on I am aware of that chooses to do its altimetry independently of the X-Plane platform dataref, which breaks compatibility with anything not specifically coded for that...in other words, lots of stuff.  In my case it's Radar Contact v4, which is not being developed any longer but which works flawlessly with any aircraft that adheres to use of the standard platform dataref.  It's also an issue with the Pilot2ATC and PF3 offline ATC add-ons as well.

Why is it considered preferable to build complex auto-detection routines in for a select group of ATC clients, rather than just allowing the user to de-select the nonstandard HotStart altimetry with a tickbox?

Edited by airforce2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, airforce2 said:

Why is it considered preferable to build complex auto-detection routines in for a select group of ATC clients, rather than just allowing the user to de-select the nonstandard HotStart altimetry with a tickbox?

To quote the developer:

Well, adding an on/off switch isn't difficult. But it goes against the philosophy of the product, so I'm opposed to it from the point of view of the logical purpose of the product.

People would just enable it and not give a single care to temperature compensation.

I'd rather people learn the proper way, than try to simplify it and then acquire bad habits.

There is also the fact X-Plane is going to have this simulation built in with V12, and many people are going to be using it with many addons, as presumably it’ll be default enabled.

To elaborate a little: we, the volunteers who help with the forum, have passed on the numerous feedback on this topic, as have the members of the Discord. Requests have been heard, and are always under consideration. But I can’t say any more than that as I’m not the developer.

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2022 at 8:07 PM, oisin650 said:

Folks, this is not a Hot Start issue. You need to push IVAO client teams to work on this. You will notice that X-Pilot works perfectly. 

there are not two or three such clients .. push each one? can do as requested? one checkbox to disable alternative height calculation

• Pils changed the title to [OPEN 2823] CL650 and online IVAO flight
  • Pils locked this topic