Yet another CTD

jcmc1405

We need more to go on. All the log shows is the CL-650 asked the OS for more memory and was told NO. Can you post details of routes, altitudes, etc. Also screenshots of Task Manager showing page file and main memory usage total, by process, as well as GPU VRAM usage, at various times before the crash. Please also try running the sim without any custom scenery, only stock airports/mesh. Thanks.

I have 0 cutom scenery in X-plane. Routes when crash happen are usually 2+ hours long. I monitored RAM usage during the whole flight as this also happened yesterday and the topic was closed. FL STEPS KFLL/0390. KFLL/10L REGAE1 URSUS UP406 AKPEK2C SKRG/01.  Crash happened when I was at final approach to the airport.

I don't have any screenshots but when X-Plane started saying it was running low on memory I inmediatley went to the task manager and only 60% of my 16GB were in use. After that I stopped looking and then got a windows error about some program that stopped working and the avionics went crazy, then the crash. GPU VRAM during the entire flight was around 20 - 30% and CPU consistently over 70%. 

Just as a quick update I decided to do a test long flight with a different aircraft (a340) and X-Plane is never using more than 1.5 - 1.7 GB of ram, but with the 650 stays at 3.5 GB and goes up to 8+ Gb so this is something really concerning. Using exactly the same plug-ins, just different plane. So definitevely something is causing the 650 to eat all my ram and then crash. Not X-plane or plug-ins fault.

Ok during this flight I got another CTD. X plane gave me the low memory error message, but when I checked the task manager only 65% of the memory was in use. What is actually happening? this is so frustrating! I also could take a screenshot because windows did not let me open the snip tool because of the "low memory". Please help me. I saved literally a month to pay for a software that I can not use! :(

Log.txt

16 minutes ago, jcmc1405 said:

I was told to keep updating this with any info I had. I never said the topic is being ignored. But this is the most expenisve add-on ever made for X-Plane 11 and it is very frustrating to not be able to use it.

Updating is fine and helpful. Frustration is understandable, but please don't take it out on the forums for people already trying to assist.

Same issue jcmc is experiencing, only in CL650, RAM usage too high but never over 70% (16gb here) but over 5/6h or so, sim crashes out of memory with the EXACTLY log's info "2022-01-26 14:38:18 CL650[safe_alloc.h:38]: assertion "p != NULL" failed: Cannot allocate 1858352 bytes: out of memory
Backtrace is:..." (updated the addon already and occured since i bought but i was expecting this was an issue on my rig only, edited my in-sim settings and still happening, hope and patience, love the addon and my pocket lmao)

Edited by lufsdc

On 1/26/2022 at 5:44 PM, Pils said:

You may want to move your Windows page file to the drive with more space, that’ll give your PC a bit more room to handle memory issues.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows-10,36929.html

I just tried that today and I still get 100% CTD every single flight due to out of memory issues