[SOLVED] CTD Inflight

crimtye

I have the same issue some others have reported. Literally almost every single flight it crashes, sometimes just before TOD, sometimes 25 miles before TOD. The last case was at 2,500ft on the localizer, but it had drawn a TOD just ahead ofLog.txt my aircraft symbol on the ND for some reason. Logs attached.CL650_Log.txt

I forgot to add: X-Plane just sort of freezes btw so not a true CTD. Additionally, xPilot says connection to X-Plane is lost.

Edited by Pils

In this case doesn't appear to be a Challenger 650 crash in the log. (waas issues are common, and not a causal factor). That's not to say the Challenger wasn't a factor in the crash, and we understand how frustrating crashes can be, but simply there isn't enough information to help diagnose at the moment. 

We need to try and identify what is causing the crash, so please try repeating a short flight, offline, in a stock scenery area, with minimal plugins. If you get a crash or pause, please allow X-Plane a few minutes before closing it. Then resubmit your crash logs. 

• Graeme_77 changed the title to [OPEN] CTD Inflight

Thanks for the response, it just happened again during descent into ELLX. I have narrowed down the following:

• Scenery area makes no difference
  • Online/offline with or without xPilot makes no difference
  • Only happens when loading my state from last time
  • Only happens when using the CL60

In other words, if I delete Output\CL650 folder and start a flight in career mode, the first flight never has any issues. Only if I then close the sim, and then load my previous state after shutting down (also flightpath + trajectory) I will get the crash once I get flying, during or just before descent.

When I say crash, the sim just sort of hangs there. In the background, the logs keep running. In this example the freeze happened at 14:51 system time (13:51 see UTC clock in screenshot) but as you can see the logs keep running. X-Plane becomes white with 'not responding' and won't crash on its own.

GC2gPUN.jpeg

Log.txt CL650_Log.txt

Thanks. As you've noticed X-Plane isn't actually crashing so there's no useful information in the log file. We really need to eliminate as many other plugins as possible to try and isolate where the issue is. Rather than simply flying offline, can you temporarily remove all the plugins you have in the X-Plane \ Resources \ Plugins directory (move them to plugins-off).

Basically, if the Challenger is responsible we need to give it the best chance possible to crash X-Plane cleanly and produce a log, which means getting as close to a "vanilla" X-Plane installation as you can manage.

7 hours ago, crimtye said:

Thanks for the response, it just happened again during descent into ELLX. I have narrowed down the following:

I'll chime in here as I was having similar issues (since 1.0) at random phases of flight and didn't get a CTD but a hard lockup of X-plane with zero errors in the log outside of WAAS errors that appear to be normal and not fatal.

Based on a recommendation from another thread, I've tried without synthetic vision enabled and so far no lockups/CTDs on a long flight.  Recommend you try this in case you are using synthetic vision to narrow this down some.  I'm continuing to monitor the situation.

16 minutes ago, Muchimi said:

I'll chime in here as I was having similar issues (since 1.0) at random phases of flight and didn't get a CTD but a hard lockup of X-plane with zero errors in the log outside of WAAS errors that appear to be normal and not fatal.

Based on a recommendation from another thread, I've tried without synthetic vision enabled and so far no lockups/CTDs on a long flight.  Recommend you try this in case you are using synthetic vision to narrow this down some.  I'm continuing to monitor the situation.

Thank you for your reply! I have never used synthetic vision, however. I only use have the FPV enabled thusfar. I am currently doing another flight with all plugins disabled except the essential ones. Will report back...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Pils changed the title to [SOLVED] CTD Inflight