Hydraulic Pump Check

sunake

Hey, I'm just doing a flight using the latest version 1.2.2. In the Flight Compartment Checklist, when you get to HYD PANEL AND PUMPS. When  you finish checking the pumps and pressure and you move HYD1B 3B and 2B switches back to AUTO, the HYD 1 and 2 LO PRESS caution comes up immediately, even though the system pressures  for 1 and 2 remain at 3000. 

I could be mistaken but didn't the pressure have to drop below a certain value before the LO PRESS alerts are triggered instead of immediately after turning off the pumps before this update?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! This is actually totally correct. The synoptic display pressure is not the same pressure sensor as the HYD 1(2)(3) LO PRESS trigger. The CAS is triggered by pump output pressure. In the images below the following is occurring: 1) HYD 3A pump is on and system is pressurized (NO CAS) then 2) HYD 3A pump is turned off, and system is at 3000 PSI, but the CAS has been triggered. The CAS is warning you about an impending issue, you have pressure now but not for long please take action soon.
Image 1
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/935338393959796796/938517061452304484/shot1.png

Image 2
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/935338393959796796/938517082209914920/shot2.png

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, CaptCrash said:

Hi! This is actually totally correct. The synoptic display pressure is not the same pressure sensor as the HYD 1(2)(3) LO PRESS trigger. The CAS is triggered by pump output pressure. In the images below the following is occurring: 1) HYD 3A pump is on and system is pressurized (NO CAS) then 2) HYD 3A pump is turned off, and system is at 3000 PSI, but the CAS has been triggered. The CAS is warning you about an impending issue, you have pressure now but not for long please take action soon.
Image 1
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/935338393959796796/938517061452304484/shot1.png

Image 2
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/935338393959796796/938517082209914920/shot2.png

Excellent! Thank you very much

On 2/2/2022 at 8:38 PM, CaptCrash said:

Thanks for the info, very useful. 

I am still in doubt, tho' (and I'm possibly misunderstanding something). If you see the last paragraph in the checklist image I'm attaching to this message, it leads me to believe that the "HYD 1 and 2 LO PRESS" message will re-appear in the CAS after the pressure drops. In my case, as soon as I move the 1B and 2B pumps to AUTO, the "LO PRESS" message appears almost immediately on the CAS. In your message, you mentioned "The CAS is warning you about an impending issue, you have pressure now but not for long please take action soon.". That makes total sense. However, if that's the intended behavior, shouldn't the checklist be worded differently?. Like I said, I may be misunderstanding things here. If so, I apologize.

Thanks for any further clarification (isn't it great and bizarre at the same time to be nitpicking about things like these? it means the product is absolutely awesome!)  :-)

hyd checklist.jpg

Edited by evaamo