Requesting Passengers or Jenny knocking on the door if it's closed

Noksi

I like how the fueler is desperatly knocking on the door if he can't enter the cockpit.

Old lazy guy like me forgot to reopen the door after de-icing on one of that last flights and only noticed the passengers are still trying to board at the departure airport when I already landed at the destination (and wondering why it's so quite behind me and why they aren't leaving the plane).

So for guys like me it would be cool to have a checklist option "passengers already on board ?" or even better them knocking on the door like the fueler.

• Like 2

Okay, you have a point, skip the checklist item.

Speaking about reality, I doubt the passengers will silently wait to get in and just sit down quitly in front of the closed door ... and not even start to scream if the plane will start moving. I would assume they would knock on the door or walk around the plane to get some attention.

Not sure about you, but I definitely would do it. :)

Edited by Noksi

I've brought this up to Saso a few weeks ago, and he'll be looking into it for a future update.  I got the idea from another forum post from someone who took off before his passengers arrived.  He was confused at why the 650 felt so light when taking off and flying.  The he realized he was too fast in pre-flight, and took off too early.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, dirmer3 said:

I work at an FBO and I have never ever seen a pilot close the door before he was about to start engines.

Do you mean they close them after they start the engines:P

This reminded me of a time we were catering a EMB145. THe Anti-col lights had been turned off once the aircraft was on the stand. We manovuored the lorry onto door R1 and opened the the aircraft door when I happen to look at the no.2 engine and saw it was still running. After an investigation with the Airfield Ops we found out the aircraft APU was inop so the captain elected to keep the no.2 running (not sure why there was no GPU). 

Edited by -Paul-
Added very interesting story

On 2/4/2022 at 12:35 AM, -Paul- said:

Do you mean they close them after they start the engines:P

This reminded me of a time we were catering a EMB145. THe Anti-col lights had been turned off once the aircraft was on the stand. We manovuored the lorry onto door R1 and opened the the aircraft door when I happen to look at the no.2 engine and saw it was still running. After an investigation with the Airfield Ops we found out the aircraft APU was inop so the captain elected to keep the no.2 running (not sure why there was no GPU). 

it's not unusual for corporate pilots to start #2 engine while passengers are walking up and boarding the aircraft. After the copilot gets everyone one on board and closes the door, #1 engine is started.  Things work differently in the GA/corporate aviation world than they do the airlines. 

As a corporate pilot, I'm the flight planner, dispatcher, ground services coordinator, fueling supervisor, de-icing supervisor, baggage loader, catering manager, ground transportation manager, crew accommodations/hotel manager, and lavatory servicing manager (i.e., I sometimes have to dump the honeypot). I've been a corporate pilot since 1988 and love every minute of it.  That's why I really like HotStart's CL650!

Rich Boll

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...