[Closed] Acceptable ITT Difference

Ev1dentSnow

I was climbing today in the Challenger when suddenly the ITT on the right engine went into the red zone. It sorted itself out after about 5 seconds, but then I realized the cause was that the right engine's ITT was 30 degrees higher than the left engine. Is this abnormal, and how high of an ITT difference between engines is too high? Both engines had the same amount of oil according to the study menus

Edited by oisin650

I have been curious about same thing. For me the difference between each ITT is not that much big but there is difference for sure. In my case difference is 8 to 15 degrees.

And I found it might be a sort of solutions for that.

1. Adjust both engines oil amount full position (not amount of oil. it's sensor )
2. When you start engines, don't start fixed side. Sometimes start from left, sometimes from right.
3. After the flight, sometimes you need to make the aircraft cold and dark state and leave it for 20mins give or take to make engines cool.

If you want to ignore this situation, make a new profile.

I'm not sure that is kind of a bug or realistic behavior of the aircraft but on the other hand it's fun to seek how to avoid this kind of situation.

Edited by tsute2

On 1/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, tsute2 said:

I have been curious about same thing. For me the difference between each ITT is not that much big but there is difference for sure. In my case difference is 8 to 15 degrees.

And I found it might be a sort of solutions for that.

1. Adjust both engines oil amount full position (not amount of oil. it's sensor )
2. When you start engines, don't start fixed side. Sometimes start from left, sometimes from right.
3. After the flight, sometimes you need to make the aircraft cold and dark state and leave it for 20mins give or take to make engines cool.

If you want to ignore this situation, make a new profile.

I'm not sure that is kind of a bug or realistic behavior of the aircraft but on the other hand it's fun to seek how to avoid this kind of situation.

Followed all those steps, maybe it is in fact realistic behavior

• ois650 changed the title to [Closed] Acceptable ITT Difference