OBJ8 CSL animation dataref discrepancy

flanisher

Hello!

This is probably low on the priority list, but I'm working on a CSL for the Challenger 650 and I'm having trouble getting xPilot to send data on some of these datarefs (which is in turn causing issues with some animations i'd like to do).  If we can research this and resolve I can get additional animations for the plane accomplished for traffic in online networks!

libxplanemp/controls/flap_ratio

libxplanemp/controls/spoiler_ratio

libxplanemp/controls/speed_brake_ratio

I'll scour the xPilot code and see if I can find what datarefs are being looked at and post here.

Thank you!

4 minutes ago, flanisher said:

Hello!

This is probably low on the priority list, but I'm working on a CSL for the Challenger 650 and I'm having trouble getting xPilot to send data on some of these datarefs (which is in turn causing issues with some animations i'd like to do).  If we can research this and resolve I can get additional animations for the plane accomplished for traffic in online networks!

libxplanemp/controls/flap_ratio

libxplanemp/controls/spoiler_ratio

libxplanemp/controls/speed_brake_ratio

I'll scour the xPilot code and see if I can find what datarefs are being looked at and post here.

Thank you!

It looks like "sim/flightmodel/controls/flaprat" and "sim/cockpit2/controls/speedbrake_ratio" could be the culprits

I did a little bit of checking to see what xPilot client was reading, what the Challenger 650 was writing back to X-Plane, and what it wasn't.

This seems like inconsistent xPilot behaviour. It appears to be reading the wrong dataref. For gear and speedbrakes it reads from cockpit2 (the switch position), but for flaps it reads from flightmodel.

"sim/flightmodel/controls/flaprat", DataRef::FlapRatio

CL650 writes to "sim/cockpit2/controls/flap_handle_deploy_ratio" which seems more logical given the other datarefs. 

These datarefs are written by the Challenger 650, and as far as I can see, read by xPilot. Could be an xPilot bug if not being sent to the libxplanemp datarefs.

"sim/cockpit2/controls/speedbrake_ratio", DataRef::SpeedbrakeRatio

"sim/flightmodel2/gear/tire_steer_actual_deg[0]", DataRef::NoseWheelAngle

These datarefs will need some changes on the Challenger 650 code to "send" back to X-Plane such that xPilot can then read.

"sim/cockpit2/switches/taxi_light_on", DataRef::TaxiLights,

"sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_propmode[0]", DataRef::Engine1Reversing (default MD82 makes this parameter "3" when reversers are deployed)

"sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_propmode[1]", DataRef::Engine2Reversing

Edited by Graeme_77

On 1/20/2022 at 8:13 PM, Graeme_77 said:

I did a little bit of checking to see what xPilot client was reading, what the Challenger 650 was writing back to X-Plane, and what it wasn't.

This seems like inconsistent xPilot behaviour. It appears to be reading the wrong dataref. For gear and speedbrakes it reads from cockpit2 (the switch position), but for flaps it reads from flightmodel.

CL650 writes to "sim/cockpit2/controls/flap_handle_deploy_ratio" which seems more logical given the other datarefs. 

These datarefs are written by the Challenger 650, and as far as I can see, read by xPilot. Could be an xPilot bug if not being sent to the libxplanemp datarefs.

"sim/cockpit2/controls/speedbrake_ratio", DataRef::SpeedbrakeRatio

"sim/flightmodel2/gear/tire_steer_actual_deg[0]", DataRef::NoseWheelAngle

These datarefs will need some changes on the Challenger 650 code to "send" back to X-Plane such that xPilot can then read.

"sim/cockpit2/switches/taxi_light_on", DataRef::TaxiLights,

"sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_propmode[0]", DataRef::Engine1Reversing (default MD82 makes this parameter "3" when reversers are deployed)

"sim/flightmodel/engine/ENGN_propmode[1]", DataRef::Engine2Reversing

I've pushed a request to xPilot to see if we can get that flaps dataref looked at!

https://forums.vatsim.net/topic/32604-xpilot-dataref-behavior-issue-tied-to-csls-hotstart-challenger-650/#comment-185799

On 1/21/2022 at 5:13 AM, Graeme_77 said:

FWIW, X-RAAS also complains about flap setting when entering runway...