Overspeed

Nachthexe

Oh, did you hit the voice button on the comms on left? It is on the radio panels, bottom line, center. It should be in the up I believe.. I do not know why, but I was clicking buttons around randomly yesterday and it did that. I clicked it a few more times and it fixed it.

Edit: Btw, that's not overspeed mode that has been engaged, I think it's some test mode or such.

Edit2: So I think what I experienced in flight, wasn't that switch per-say, but I fell prey to the bug with that being a click spot to the pitot tube cover, so I got the up and down, red bar and 40 knots being read.. no idea if the same, but check outside and see if you have a pitot tube covered?

Edited by Rastuasi

Yeah the weird thing is I was trying to figure out how to turn the FO down voice wise, he comes through louder than other voices, so I was clicking on switches to see if I could just make his voice come through headset and turn it down. So I did the "naughty" thing of starting to randomly click things and that voice button on the bottom middle was where I was clicking. I clicked it and stuff freaked out, did what you mentioned above. I clicked it again and a minute or so later, it cleared up. I thought that switch did something with it, but it just dawned on me that it could've been that pitot tube clickspot shenaningan. 

The other caveat, this happened to me when reloading a flight from the "enter runway" after completing the flight. So I was also not sure if it was the cause, regardless though, it did clear up at same time as hitting that area again.

28 minutes ago, Nachthexe said:

another question:

is it possible to put the two buttons on the back of the throttle, ATS disc switch (ATS error reset), on one button? If so, what designation does it include?

No, I have both individually assigned.

24 minutes ago, Nachthexe said:

there are some problems also related to ATS, FLC and VNAV. difficult, I'm a little frustrated at the moment!

What issues? Don't use VNAV in a long climb, only FLC. If your SID has some hard ceiling, yes use VNAV, but the moment you're in free climb, use FLC only. VNAV is mostly meant for descent.

Might check out:

only change since that post is I just do FLC only if there's no hard stops on the SID, which is most of them.

Edited by Rastuasi

Ok, thanks for the answer.

Please tell me how in the assignment for the keyboard or the joystick the entry is called for ATS disc switch. I couldn't find it anywhere.

To FLC: When activated during flight, it switches from speed to TO, but sometimes also to CLB speed. I don't know how to influence that.