Ok! I'm gonna say it!

smokey43

I own many (more than I care to mention) payware aircraft and even after this short period of time I have to say this is the FINEST aircraft I have ever purchased! Period! Flight model, Modelling, response, Frame Rates, etc. The Best Purchase yet. My first purchase from X-aviation was the IXEG and I still fly that very very often. I have several Airbus from various developers, The TBM, SAAB, etc. I back in the day had the PMDG NG. 

I thought there would never be another like the TBM but this aircraft is Epic! Kudos to all involved! Yes the manual issue and lack of tutorial like the TBM is not there. I got spoiled I guess. But I find myself actually learning more and being more attentive than I have with any other Aircraft. I just recently had some acceptable landings but I still drift alot on my touchdown. That is all me, not the aircraft and I look forward to getting better and better. 

I did experience an issue with the Steering for taxi on one airport that was downloaded from the Xplane site. I believe it was not the plane but the designer. Even though the parking area looked paved it was more of a Gravel type coloring. Possibly this was an issue with not being able to move and just spin. I moved to another parking area and all seemed well.

I am really looking forward to Grame to do more of his excellent videos. I learned tons from him with the IXEG and TBM. Once again, High Praise to all involved. I look forward to any updates to come. In the meantime, I will logging many of hours in my now favorite.

Edited by smokey43
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

I want to add to the praise - besides the systems depth and complexity, the flight model is *chef's kiss*. My first landing with it was the best first landing I had with any plane, and I didn't just disconnect at minimums, I flew it in manually from like 1500ft. It was stable, responsive and well behaved. It was far from butter, in fact it was probably quite firm, but I felt I was in control.

I was recently very disappointed with the Q4XP, it seems whenever I disconnect AP on landing in it, the plane tries to spiral out of control and kill me, and the throttle response feels erratic and very difficult to control the speed (never had this issue with the Majestic in the old FSX).

The Challenger feels a lot easier to control on landing in comparison. I feel in real life it should be opposite, since the Challenger is smaller, more slippery and a lot more powerful in terms of power/weight, but I guess here the difference in the flight modeling is evident...