[CLOSED] X-Plane 11 crashes when I get to Challenger menu to choose "Career" or "Non-persistent" mode, Mac

brucekn

Hello,

I have just downloaded the Challenger 650, and tried to start it up- as I'm leaving home tomorrow for a few days I thought I would try the "non-persistent" mode.  My XP11.55 has crashed to desktop 3 times now when I get to select enter the "career" or "non-persistent" mode.  Something I also noted is that I didn't see an e-mail/password screen that I normally do when running an X-Aviation product for the first time (I did get the prompt in the Installer previously).  I'm on a Mac and have done the GateKeeper thing to avoid that being an issue.

I am including my log.txt.  Thanks for any help with this.

Bruce.

Log.txt

When I get back to my computer in a couple of days I will try installing the Challenger 650 into a clean copy of XP11.55 that I have on my system.  If I still have trouble I will post back here with a log.txt file from that clean copy (no add-ones whatever installed on it).  Thanks.

Installed the Challenger 650 into a clean copy of X-Plane 11.55 and got it to work.  Retired the original installation into my instance of XP11.55 that I have plugins, other aircraft, custom scenery and custom data installed into and it’s still a CTD.

Now to figure out what is causing this by selectively adding add-ones into a copy of my clean copy, I will keep this thread updated.

Thanks, Bruce.

• Like 1

Thanks Bruce. I'll leave the thread unflagged at the moment (meaning it won't go to the developers right now) until we have more information on what's causing the issue.

Your help in replicating the issue is appreciated. I've seen a couple of logs mention SkunkCrafts, but that may be coincidental given the timing. Please add to this thread or post a new thread if you're able to identify what plugin is apparently incompatible.

Finally, an update to this issue for the group, sorry I have been tied up with other non-sim stuff for the past week.

@Graeme_77Thanks for your reply, also  @Rodeo.  As mentioned above, I created a new clean instance of X-Plane 11.55.  The only add-on was the CL650, and I got it to run flawlessly- both in the "career" and "non-persistent" modes.  I then started adding back the Scenery and Aircraft field from my old XP11.55 instance, so problem, as I expected.   

Finally, I added back the Plug-ins in the ....../Resources/Plugin folder, and experienced the CTD.  By exclusion I found the issue to occur when I had XPRealistic installed (there may be some existing advisories about this in the documentation that I haven't seem- if so my apologies for taking up bandwidth for something already noted).

Since then there have been two updates to the CL650. This morning I tried it again, with the XPRealistic plugin installed, and CL650 "version 1.2.3" as noted in the act_version.txt file- same result.  The CTD occurs after I have made a selection between "career" and "non-persistent" modes.  Also, of note, as the CL650 on my system has not yet been configured in XPRealistic (as a CTD occurs), this plugin is doing the one-time thing of trying to spawn a daughter page for configuration.  Or, as said differently, XPRealstic may run if it wasn't trying to do the first-run one-time config with the CL650.  Also of note is that my version of XPRealistic may be out of date, not sure.  If I get time I will try to re-install from The Store and see if that makes a difference.

Running MacOS 11.5.2 (yes, I need to update that as well), a "late 2017" iMac, i7, 32GB RAM, 8GB vRAM in a Radeon Pro 580.

Attaching my log.txt. @RodeoI will try looking for  a Mac crash report in the location you suggested.

Thanks,  Bruce.

Log.txt

Edited by brucekn

• CaptCrash changed the title to [CLOSED] X-Plane 11 crashes when I get to Challenger menu to choose "Career" or "Non-persistent" mode, Mac