WIP 00 - Videos

No.. it won't. One condition to have the crj on christmass time was to have the Beta 1st of December, to have 1 month of beta testing and ending the documentation. I am working on documentation right now.. but still is not beta. I think won't be too long to reach that point but still I don't want to say a date.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything that is NOT simulated about systems??

Most everything is simulated. As time gets closer we'll release a list of things that are and aren't simulated. The manual will also explain features that are or are not simulated, but exist in the aircraft as modeled 3D parts (not many of them).

At this time we don't want to get much into this, as it's not release time and we don't want to make promises for things that are already simulated but we choose to strip out should something go wrong.

We're doing our best. Hope you've enjoyed the videos!

Wow!  Thank you for fixing the beacons.  They now flash as they should, rather than pulsate.  I am very impressed with the lighting effects, both inside and out.  Hands down, the most realisic I have seen in any simulation.  Congratulations on the excellent progress.  I don't know if you full understand how much this one project can change the entire perception of X-Plane!  I full expect MSFS converts after this release!  :D

Much appreciation,

Scott

Amazing ! Well done !!

Just a question... apart from the buttons in the cockpit that can be conveniently clicked with the mouse button as usual  would it be possible to have an option that allows knobs and switches to be controlled using the mouse wheel?? I used to do this with the leonardo MD80 on MSFS and I found it to be a really nice way to control switches in the cockpit... feels much more "realistic"

Amazing ! Well done !!

Just a question... apart from the buttons in the cockpit that can be conveniently clicked with the mouse button as usual  would it be possible to have an option that allows knobs and switches to be controlled using the mouse wheel?? I used to do this with the leonardo MD80 on MSFS and I found it to be a really nice way to control switches in the cockpit... feels much more "realistic"

Must admin i do dislike the way you change knobs in XP, much prefer mouse wheel.

You will change your mind. Is more natural to pick and grab an object than change which wheel mouse. And do you know why? Because on MFS you have to point the cursor over the knob and start rotating with wheel BUT if you where on 3D cockpit if the camera moves because turbulence or because you move it with TRack IR then you loose the cursor over the knob and then you have again to point over it and rotate again.

On XP you just aim the knob with cursor.. and pick up. Then you can move the head whatever you like with TRackIR or whatever.. than you whould never loose that switch, knob or button. For me that has not price! Even is more quick to change things.. and confortable.

I have been since MFS 5 on PC. And I liked so much... Still there are things that I like so much there.. but this feature is one i Trully preffer on XP.

Is more natural to pick and grab an object than change which wheel mouse. And do you know why? Because on MFS you have to point the cursor over the knob and start rotating with wheel BUT if you where on 3D cockpit if the camera moves because turbulence or because you move it with TRack IR then you loose the cursor over the knob and then you have again to point over it and rotate again.

+1  Much easier to "latch" onto the control and just drag the mouse. X-Plane has really got something here by making it a standard part of the sim.

In FSX/FS9 its not a standard part of the sim and had to be custom programmed so only one developer even tried it and that was RealAir Simulations.  What a joy to use that 3D cockpit especially when there's a little turbulence!

No. Just working hard everyday to bring it as soon as we can. Don't want to say a date, but expect not less than 1 month before release. Right now it comes Christmass time and we have families to be with, but Anton and me we both are working hard to let this baby fly on your computers. But when the plane is finished we will have to test it (we are testing right now but just particular functions) and make the tutorials flying for the docs. Good I made a speed typing course when I was child!!  ;D

Right now I am adding some little graphical stuff, and making the big documentation (4:30 am on the morning, and everyday almost the same timeline)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cameron

I just stumbled on to this project and am pretty excited about being able to have a full function sim for this airplane for home use.  I currently fly "CRJ200s" for Bombardier production flight ops on a part time basis, doing production flight test and ferry back and forth from completion centers (the "s are because the CRJ200 is out of production but is still being built as a business aircraft called the Challenger 850) and am typed on the 200, 700 and 900.  Being part time I only fly every few weeks or so as in-fill, so right now, as goofy as it sounds, I use Wilco as a way to practice the regular routines like checklists, flows and profiles, and it works ok in spite of its deficiencies (better than nothing anyway and real sim visits are few and far between).  This looks like a whole new level for sure!

My full time job is hydromech tech support on the CRJ200 for the last 8 years and I know the airplane pretty intimately.  If my background is of any use I'd be happy to help.  Can't wait to give it a try!

Regards

John