Wow even without a proper manual

smokey43

2 hours ago, ois650 said:

This playlist of tutorials includes a full length delivery flight https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Kdz8LEFwFknjCuHmysv9FDT0Msve7od

The virtual FO with checklist provides illustrations of actions that a new user may struggle with

While it may well be possible for something to be put together, most of us on the beta testing team are full time in the industry and any time spent on the 650 is solely flying/testing. 

Good idea! I will pass this on to the rest of team. 

Thank you ois650 for your reply and the answers provided.

I am aware of that nearly 7 hour video and it is very instructive, but far too long for a beginner and/or newbie. It could however be used as a basis for such a tutorial as I had it in mind, Chuck style so to speak ;)

I appreciate your efforts and dedication put into this extraordinary plane and I can assure you that you have set a new standard for high level addons for ANY platform. And being lazy myself in that respect, I know how difficult it is to take notes during that kind of work for later use as a guideline for others.....

However I am glad you find my idea for a "Chuck style" tutorial not completely stupid and hope that you can convince the rest of the team to put some resources into such a tutorial.

Have great weekend and a good start into the new week. Take care and stay safe!

Cheers

Edited by Scorpio47

1 hour ago, Scorpio47 said:

nearly 7 hour video and it is very instructive, but far too long for a beginner and/or newbie

Haha yes fair enough!

you have set a new standard for high level addons

All down to Saso and Goran - I just fly it around looking for bugs!

However I am glad you find my idea for a "Chuck style" tutorial not completely stupid and hope that you can convince the rest of the team to put some resources into such a tutorial.

I'll see what I can do myself, I'm away now until mid-July but I'll  crack on with something then for sure. 

Have a good one!

• Like 1

On 6/30/2022 at 4:26 PM, Scorpio47 said:

I am aware of that nearly 7 hour video and it is very instructive, but far too long for a beginner and/or newbie. It could however be used as a basis for such a tutorial as I had it in mind, Chuck style so to speak ;)

To be fair, you could skip that 7 hour video. There are 6 more videos in that playlist that are only about 30 minutes each that walk you through the various stages of getting off the ground.

In addition to Graeme's excellent videos. you could check out the videos posted by Foxtrot Alpha Aviation who is a real-world Challenger pilot. Here's the playlist for his excellent tutorial series of videos:

• Like 2

On 7/5/2022 at 8:52 PM, IronCroptop said:

To be fair, you could skip that 7 hour video. There are 6 more videos in that playlist that are only about 30 minutes each that walk you through the various stages of getting off the ground.

In addition to Graeme's excellent videos. you could check out the videos posted by Foxtrot Alpha Aviation who is a real-world Challenger pilot. Here's the playlist for his excellent tutorial series of videos

Agreed, IronCroptop, and that is what I and certainly many others already did....

However, all these nice videos cannot replace a decent text tutorial with illustrations, as that is so much easier to use in parcicular when you can print it out and use it alongside the sim. (I do not have a second monitor, only could use my iPad to view on Youtu.be and simultaneously use XP on my PC :angry:

So, please do not bury this idea too fast and try to give the users some tutorials in text form, at least in addition to the videos.
(With the proper software it should even be possible to use the speech from the videos and dictate it to a text that then only needed some editing and adding relevant screesnhots :( )

Mr. Rob "Hammer´s" videos are really good and very helpful for more insight, but again, I do not see them as a replacement for a "Chuck style" tutorial text.

Have a good weekend and a great start into the new week soon.
Cheers
Juergen

On 6/30/2022 at 11:59 PM, ois650 said:

Haha yes fair enough!

All down to Saso and Goran - I just fly it around looking for bugs!

I'll see what I can do myself, I'm away now until mid-July but I'll  crack on with something then for sure. 

Have a good one!

Hello ois650,

thank you for the clarification, all flowers go to Saso and Goran, but some little offspring has to be handed over to testers like you, too :-)

Enjoy your short vacation and have fun with everything you do.

Cheers,
Juergen

• 8 months later...