Getting support

VirtualCPT

Hello,

Welcome to the official support forum for XMidiCtrl and many thanks for using my plugin!

If you have a problem or question, I'm more than happy to help you.

In case of errors, I would appreciate if you could attach the X-Plane log (Log.txt) and the XMidiCtrl_Log.txt file to your question. Both files can be found in the X-Plane root directory.
If you are having problems with your MIDI controller, please ensure that it is setup correctly to send MIDI Control Change (CC) messages. Other message types are currently not supported.

I created a step by step manual how to setup the Behringer X-Touch Mini:
https://mauer.github.io/xmidictrl/#/behringer_xtouch_mini

Many thanks,
Marco

• Like 1

Hi @voxan,

There are two possibilities:

1. Your MIDI controller doesn't use port 0. Can be easily checked by going to Plugins -> XMidiCtrl -> Show MIDI Devices

2. Your MIDI controller is already used by some other software. Unfortunately, it's a limitation of Windows. Make sure X-Touch Editor etc. are all closed. 

PS: Would be great to create separate topics for support requests, otherwise it gets rather messy :-) 

Edited by VirtualCPT

I had a go with XMidiCtrl and got it working to control all throttles via a slider and it seems good:

{ ch = 1, cc = 19, type = "sld", dataref="sim/cockpit2/engine/actuators/throttle_ratio_all", value_min = 0, value_max = 1 },

It doesn't seem to  support arrays though, e.g. float[engines], so it can't control engine 1 or 2 separately. Am I missing something, or is this not currently implemented? I was trying to use throttle_ratio[0].

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Tom1 said:

I had a go with XMidiCtrl and got it working to control all throttles via a slider and it seems good:

{ ch = 1, cc = 19, type = "sld", dataref="sim/cockpit2/engine/actuators/throttle_ratio_all", value_min = 0, value_max = 1 },

It doesn't seem to  support arrays though, e.g. float[engines], so it can't control engine 1 or 2 separately. Am I missing something, or is this not currently implemented? I was trying to use throttle_ratio[0].

Thanks

The support for arrays is still on my todo list. I plan to implemented it this weekend :-)

Hi Tom,

A negative channel number is an indicator that the MIDI message was not of the type "Control Change". I'm going to improve that in the future, so that the message type will be displayed in the log window.

In column Raw Data you see the message received or sent. Status 144 is "Note On" for channel 1, and 128 is the "Note Off" message. Can you reconfigure your AKAI to send CC messages instead?

I'm going to implement support for note on/off and program change messages in the future, but that's a larger project and not done within a couple of hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this great tool. It is so great to have knobs for ALT and HDG. 

I have a question about signals from X-Plane to X touch mini. If a activate HDG mode, for example, the light on my X touch mini will be still off. And I haven‘t found the failure, yet.

Thanks for answers…

Greets from germany 

Hi Huma, 

Many thanks for the kind words. Could you send my your toml and XMidiCtrl_log.txt, please? It's probably a tiny problem in the configuration. 

Would be also helpful to get screenshots of your config in the X-Touch Editor tool. I remember there is a setting that controls how the lights are triggered. Have you applied the Layer bin files to the device?

Kind regards from Upper Franconia 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello and Good Morning !

I am trying to get a Loupedeck running with an Tollis A319 or A321. Need it to select hdg and the required FCU units... however, I can't get it working..tried the the midctrl 1.04 according the installation guide, bus in fact its not working.The system is a windows 10, with Xplane11 and / or Xplane12. the unit is a Loupedeck ct , wich should do the same than the Loupedeck live ...

May be you can help me to get the sytem running

Kind regards from little old Germany , Frank 

• 6 months later...

I installed it for the Challenger 650, used your template thanks for that.

When i turn knobs, the selected values increase, but when i turn counterclockwise, values keep rising!    Sometimes it works, if i wait a while, turning the other way will decrease.  Strange !

Any ideas whats going on and how to fix this?

Buttons below the knobs dont seem to react or work.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...