Cannot use direct key to go direct IF to bypass arrival holding pattern

mesae

I took off from the ground at KOKC and vectored myself on downwind at 3000.  I loaded the approach from FILUM.  Northwest of FILUM (still at 3000, below profile but that should not have been a problem) I tried to go direct (direct key) to the second instance of FILUM to bypass the holding pattern as is common practice.  The FMS sent me direct the first instance of FILUM to enter the hold.  I tried again to be sure I hadn't inadvertently selected the wrong FILUM and the result was the same.  I then manually sequenced the second FILUM to "blue" to bypass the hold while still in FMS1 nav.  This worked as expected.  So that's one issue - I should have been able to use the direct key to go to either FILUM.

Also, NAV to NAV transfer never happened.  I had to manually switch to green inside IVEYI.

image.thumb.png.9f73f7e3a8daf97070ebc0b9fc9759d0.png

• mesae changed the title to Cannot use direct key to go direct IF to bypass arrival holding pattern

With Nav-to-Nav transfer, did you have APP armed?  Was APPR LOC and GS showing in white in the scoreboard?  

I had the same thing happen on the ILS 13 at KHUT flying the HUT transition and after completing the HILPT.   Nav-to-Nav worked on my second try at KICT on the ILS 19R from the ICT transition.   I had the right armed indications in the scoreboard that time.   Not sure why it did not appear on the first approach. 

Rich Boll