Suggestions for checklists and pushbutton status

Chrjs86

HI, first thank you very much for this piece of art! after a few flights I have some suggestions to make the experience even better.

1. The checklist

It works great, but I fly a lot of legs right after one another and I guess some checklist items are skipped in the second (or later) flight. RIght now I have to go through all of the items again, which takes a lot of time. Maybe You could add an option for starting the first checklist of the day and a separate for a shortened one for the second and following flights.

Also, it would be nice to hear the FO reading the checklist through my headset, separated from the engine/environment sound which comes through my speakers. Sometimes it is quite hard to hear my FO.

2. The status of the pushbuttons

Not really your problem, but recognizing whether a pushbutton is pushed in or out, especially at night, is quite hard to see on a monitor (for example the stab trim channels). Right now the mouse pointer already changes from the normal shape to a hand when you hover over the pushbuttons to interact with them. Maybe a small symbol could be added to indicate whether the next mouse click pushes the button in or out.

Thank you very much!
kind regards

chris

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Chrjs86 said:

Not really your problem, but recognizing whether a pushbutton is pushed in or out, especially at night, is quite hard to see on a monitor (for example the stab trim channels).

Some switches are latching, some are not. The stab trim switches, Mach trim and yaw damper switches are momentary contact types - they are spring loaded to the “up” position. The only way to tell if the stab channels and yaw dampers have been engaged is to monitor the EICAS. For some reason Bombardier decided to put a light in the Mach trim, but not the others.

Most of the overhead panel switches are latching (with status lights), but not all. On the CRJ-200, the 14th stage bleed air switches are lit when disengaged (even if the engine is shut down), while on the 605 the lights only become active after engine start, though it actually has no adverse effect during engine start even if they are left engaged. 

The APU master switch has no status light in the real airplane or in the sim. That is one that would benefit from a tooltip to indicate if it is pressed or not. The external power switch is another one that would benefit from a tooltip, as it is easy to leave it accidentally pressed in after the APU is started and the GPU is disconnected.

• Like 1

As far as the checklist goes, there are several items that are indicated by a "sun" symbol. Meaning they are only performed on the first flight of the day, just skip right over them. It doesn't add any significant amount of time, and it's likely the same process in real life.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2022 at 7:58 AM, JJM said:

As far as the checklist goes, there are several items that are indicated by a "sun" symbol. Meaning they are only performed on the first flight of the day, just skip right over them. It doesn't add any significant amount of time, and it's likely the same process in real life.

That's what that icon means! Thank you. Another day, another item learnt.