Automate the flight attendant cabin announcements?

leinsters

9 hours ago, leinsters said:

Apologies, if this has been asked and answered somewhere before, but is it possible to have the cabin announcements automate? It would be a ton more immersive if it was triggered somehow. 

Thanks so much

Len 

Immersive ;-) ?  Its not triggered automatically in the real thing ...

Oliver

5 hours ago, JetNoise said:

Immersive ;-) ?  Its not triggered automatically in the real thing ...

Oliver

Thanks for sharing your deeply knowledgeable insight Oliver, Not being a corporate pilot, I didn't realize that in the real thing the pilot had to get out of his seat, head over to the touch screen panel above the sink, press an announcement button, and then head back to his seat each time. But now I know  ;-)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

tbh if we could get this as a popout bindable to a key I would have less issue with it. approaches/departures can be a bit fast paced especially on vatsim. an option to at least do that would be nice so I dont have to leave the controls to fumble with the screen (considering the non interactive cabin display is a pop out I find this fair)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leinsters said:

Thanks for sharing your deeply knowledgeable insight Oliver, Not being a corporate pilot, I didn't realize that in the real thing the pilot had to get out of his seat, head over to the touch screen panel above the sink, press an announcement button, and then head back to his seat each time. But now I know  ;-)

When a cabin attendant is not onboard the pilots have a version of the panel on their iPads hooked into the cabin WiFi. For now this can be emulated by using the pop up, available via key bind.

Edited by Pils
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, adf714 said:

Slightly off topic here, but do Challenger 650s frequently operate with flight attendants? I'm sure it varies from operator to operator, but just trying to get a feel for real-world ops.

What we’ve been told, and this is from a small number of operators but it sounds reasonable to me, is that if the principal owner is onboard then an attendant isn’t necessary (though they may want one anyway, if they had guests, for example) unless the flight is transatlantic (if I remember correctly). However, if it’s charter passengers then an attendant will usually be there to help them with any questions, service, and well, to make sure they behave.

Edited by Pils

6 hours ago, leinsters said:

Now this made me laugh! made my day. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcartier1960 said:

Nothing, I was laughing at this statement: 

"I didn't realize that in the real thing the pilot had to get out of his seat, head over to the touch screen panel above the sink, press an announcement button, and then head back to his seat each time" 

Can you imagine what that would look like!  

Right, but you have to get out of your seat (or your 2nd pilot !! ), welcome your customers, close the door, close the curtain, do the pax brief verbally or by tablet (if not available via remote on your EFB), close the cabin door, IF  you don't have the luxury of having a flight attendant.

For the Landing announcement I'll get out of my seat ( while Toto is flying the airplane)

, hit that button on that console, have a chat with my pax and go for a P.

That is immersive...

2nd, and thats regarding the OP:

I've seen many automatically triggered simulations of pax briefings/announcements etc. They All don't work well BECAUSE of the triggers you need to use and combine.

Like: below 10000ft and Landing lights on.   Strobe lights on when entering the rwy and so on.  What about when crossing a rwy during taxy then ? 

What about high altitude airports, what about changing baro around FL 100 when descending below your transition alt (Europe) and end up above 100 again because of the baro change....

What about the turbulence announcements? When will they kick on? Everytime xplane updates its weather (with wind dir changes) !

Not immersive in any way, THAT'S IMO (and experience)

Oliver

Edited by JetNoise

On 1/15/2022 at 11:13 AM, Pils said:

When a cabin attendant is not onboard the pilots have a version of the panel on their iPads hooked into the cabin WiFi. For now this can be emulated by using the pop up, available via key bind.

If this is the case then could something similar be added to the Avitab tablet?