Using SimBrief with FMS - DL FPLN REJECTED

chroode

Hi, I've done something wrong, but I don't know what.

So, the free FAA CIFP doesn't work. Pilot2ATC doesn't work. (Both issues being addressed on this forum)

So I created an account for SimBrief/NaviGraph. Using the default AIRAC, I used the automated downloader to download a flight plan to X-Plane/Output/FMS plans

I started the simulation, and I followed your published FMS Primer. 

I clicked the Route Menu, then FPLN RECALL. I entered the registration number of N650SB. I pushed the send button. The REQ PENDING illuminated in green but never changed to anything else.

I canceled it and then I put in the ICAO for ORIG and DEST. I clicked send and it answered the DL FPLN REJECTED.

What am I doing wrong?

CL650 - 2022-01-14 17.26.54.jpg

CL650 - 2022-01-14 17.27.44.jpg

CL650 - 2022-01-14 17.35.26.jpg

Reg Number.jpg

Have you set the SimBrief pilot ID in the user settings window? Also double check the fin number in SimBrief as it’s not necessarily the full registration. You can specify ORIG and DEST as an alternative.

You shouldn’t have to download the file to FMS plans, the 650msimulation will retrieve the plan for SimBrief directly.  The sim can load FMS plans too, but it does it another way and I’m not at home at the moment to grab screenshots.

Edited by Graeme_77

Ok, Thanks.

Yes, I did enter my SimBrief Pilot ID in the user settings window. 

I couldn't find the FIN after I told it to file the plan, so I used the registration number as stated in the FMS Primer. 

So, I shouldn't use the SimBrief Downloader to download them into the FMS Plans Folder?

Do I have to have X-Plane already started before developing a flight plan?

Edited by chroode

3 hours ago, chroode said:

I couldn't find the FIN after I told it to file the plan, so I used the registration number as stated in the FMS Primer.

Unfortunately that may be an error in the document (we are checking), of the two I know that Fin Number is supported. The location in Simbrief is highlighted in the primer document. It may or may not be part of the OFP format you use.

4 hours ago, chroode said:

So, I shouldn't use the SimBrief Downloader to download them into the FMS Plans Folder?

That’s up to you, but it’s not necessary if everything is working correctly with the uplink.

4 hours ago, chroode said:

Do I have to have X-Plane already started before developing a flight plan?

If you mean in Simbrief, then no.

• Like 1