[FIXED v1.1r1] RNP approach problem.

flyingfudge

Flying an RNP Rwy 08 approach at EGJJ fully automated, the aircraft didn't maintain the 3 degree descent path and was significantly high at each mile checkpoint. ( appx 250 ft high )

As per the attached pics it looks like the aiming point of the FD on the HUD is pointing at the threshold of the opposite end of the runway.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Log.txt

Screenshot (69).png

Edited by flyingfudge
Added Navigraph plate

Hi @dlrk   Hopefully it is a plugin as I'm having quite a few problems at the moment.

Sometimes my thrust levers become inoperable, especially after a saved situation and a few other oddities.

Appreciate it if you'd look at the attached plugin list. Only some are activated as you can see by xOrganizer.

Many thanks .......Plugins.thumb.jpg.09291c07af48a8970673ec7d7414837b.jpg

Plugins.jpg

Edited by flyingfudge

The plot thickens! It would appear that the aircraft is starting the descent too late and maintaining that altitude error on the GP.

It should start down from 2000ft at 5.3nm  from the threshold of 08 but as seen in the pic. it's just commencing the descent at 4.5nm from the runway.

It then maintains this error throughout the remainder of the approach.

Could this be a Navigraph issue? 

vnav.jpg

Hey, I got the same problem you have. I try to use RNAV LPV approaches, but I'm always to high. The Glidepath never matches up to the PAPIs along the runway. Maybe the problem is, that the final descend into the GP begins too late.

I tried it with Temp Correction on and of, because I first though about the problem in front of the PC, but it happens always. And Temp Correction should only be used, when Temp is outside of the limits (published in the charts).

18 hours ago, Henksu said:

Same here. Everytime I fly LPV, this happens, "normal" RNP (or AR) with no WAAS/EGNOS works fine.

I also tried an RNAV approach and deselected LPV, flow Baro references instead. Works well, so the LPV-function seems to be not really okay… hope they will fix it with the next update.

22 hours ago, PhilippK said:

Hey, I got the same problem you have. I try to use RNAV LPV approaches, but I'm always to high. The Glidepath never matches up to the PAPIs along the runway. Maybe the problem is, that the final descend into the GP begins too late.

I tried it with Temp Correction on and of, because I first though about the problem in front of the PC, but it happens always. And Temp Correction should only be used, when Temp is outside of the limits (published in the charts).

@PhilippK What airports are you flying at when the problem occurs? Apparently Toto is aware of my problem at EGJJ but doesn't think it happens on every airfield with an LPV approach. 

20 minutes ago, flyingfudge said:

@PhilippK What airports are you flying at when the problem occurs? Apparently Toto is aware of my problem at EGJJ but doesn't think it happens on every airfield with an LPV approach. 

I tried it at LEPA 06L, EDVE 26, KHND 35L… maybe a few more. Right now I think it occurs on every LPV. Since now I have never flown a LPV approach in the.

Hi There,

I had the same experience yesterday whilst performing an LPV approach CYUL 06R? The GP indicator told me I was spot on. However if I would have followed it I would have flown myself into the ground. I actually tested it to proof (see screenshot) the problem by having the RNP set up on the left side and the ILS for the same runway on the right. This showed that the GP was completely misaligned as the glide slope indicator for the same runway was correct and showed I was much too low.

Anyway @toto and the guys are aware and they are investigating the issue.

Regards

Frits

IMG_3498.jpg

Report 2395

Fixed in v1.1r1, January 22, 2022

Issue should be corrected now, related to how the FMS was using the elevation provided by the GPS systems. Please report any further occurrences in a new thread, and mention Report 2395. TVM. 

Edited by Graeme_77

• Graeme_77 changed the title to [FIXED v1.1r1] RNP approach problem.
  • Graeme_77 locked this topic