About CL650 wingflex

This is a very good aircraft. The experience of both avionics system and aerodynamics is very good, but I found that this aircraft does not seem to have the bending effect of wings. Will this effect be updated in the later update? Now the wings look hard, and the air is sagging.

image.thumb.png.1f9dfd7f5dcfd609bf3ce891537732f5.pngimage.thumb.png.877bee68cc7f0485e27ef4fc523dbed5.png

Hi there,

I believe your mind is playing tricks with you here. The angle and reflections of the pictures are similar, but different. The CL 650 is a very small wing, with almost no wing flex. Even jostling the wing by hand in a hangar produces no flex (we tried this).

We may look into flex from a physics point of view, but even if we eventually do, you may still be disappointed with how little flex there is.

9 hours ago, Cameron said:

Hi there,

I believe your mind is playing tricks with you here. The angle and reflections of the pictures are similar, but different. The CL 650 is a very small wing, with almost no wing flex. Even jostling the wing by hand in a hangar produces no flex (we tried this).

We may look into flex from a physics point of view, but even if we eventually do, you may still be disappointed with how little flex there is.

For the two cl650, I traced the position of the winglet during taxiing, and then stacked a landing cl650 with exactly the same angle. The different winglet positions indicate that the wing position has changed

image.thumb.png.1bd3fbe7a1da35067f0bb3f6ef4ee18a.png

image.thumb.png.559446b29a40ca63f721255fed5fa81d.png

Hello,

The angles of the screenshots and photos are definitely playing tricks on you.

The "flex" you are seeing in the first screenshot is heavily aided by the change of angle in the wing's leading edge as well as the low angle of the photo.

You cannot directly compare the winglet position from the ground photos taken at around 0° camera angle vs 30-40° camera angle in the airborne photo.

Lastly, as Cameron stated, a test was done on a real Challenger 650 which provided no flex. It's a stiff wing!

Simmers love their wing flex for some reason but it's just not realistic in this case.

Brgds 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1