DCP Menu Data Knob + ALT Knob acceleration

softreset

I've been doing a lot of high-altitude airport visits and turning that knob to get to 3500+ baro minimums isn't awesome. I have the up & down bound to a keypad but when I press and hold the key there's no constant action applied like there is with the heading, course, speed or altitude knob. I'd like to request that function be implemented for those data commands.

I would also like to request some additional acceleration (for lack of a better term) on the altitude knob binding, if possible. On the TBM I have Alt Up & Alt Down on my keyboard and if I press and hold a key it goes from 0 to FL300 in about 3 seconds. Whereas on the CL650 it takes about 12 seconds. Given how more likely I am to fly at those higher altitudes, some additional acceleration would be appreciated if possible.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Pils said:

Default commands? They have their own behaviour.

Mouse wheel acceleration is tuned per knob at least. Setting minimums should be quicker in the next update.

Huh? Yes, I know they do. What I wrote in my initial post is that I can set a keyboard command for say altitude up and altitude down. When I press and hold the key on my keyboard the altitude knob will spin (albeit slower than the TBM) until I release the key.

On the CL650 the knob that is used to change the parameters for the baro minimums, despite having a command will not continue to spin the knob. If you press and hold the bound command down the knob will only increment the baro minimum to 10 and then stop. A second key stroke, 20 and then stop.

What I've requested is that the keyboard binding functions like the heading, course, speed or altitude knob

The command I'm referring to (and requesting the consideration for change) is:

CL650/DCP/1/menu_data_down DCP 1 MENU DATA knob down
CL650/DCP/1/menu_data_up DCP 1 MENU DATA knob up

23 minutes ago, softreset said:

What I've requested is that the keyboard binding functions like the heading, course, speed or altitude knob

I understand, I’m just explaining why they’re different; one is LR logic, one is Toto logic. If a change is going to made it’ll likely be made to every knob that uses the latter, so will need to be considered with care.