[FIXED] Saved Popout Views

MrScott

If you're on a Windows machine, have a look at FancyZones which is one of the tools included in Windows Powertools released by Microsoft. You can create custom zones across all of your monitors and then just hold the SHIFT key when you drag each window. When you drop it into the zone, the window will automatically size itself to the defined zone size. It's not as convenient as having a .cfg file that automatically restores your windows to their specified location and size but it's a decent work-around until one is available.

P.S. Nice setup!

17 hours ago, IronCroptop said:

If you're on a Windows machine, have a look at FancyZones which is one of the tools included in Windows Powertools released by Microsoft. You can create custom zones across all of your monitors and then just hold the SHIFT key when you drag each window. When you drop it into the zone, the window will automatically size itself to the defined zone size. It's not as convenient as having a .cfg file that automatically restores your windows to their specified location and size but it's a decent work-around until one is available.

P.S. Nice setup!

Is this feature in Windows 10 Pro? I've seen it in Windows 11. Yeah, I'm hoping Toto will give us a feature like that in the TBM900 for Window placement and save. Also, in case you have not tried is an app called "Borderless Games" that will remove (hide) the white border on top of popout screens. Not as good as a native function but as you say, A good workaround.  Thank you for the compliment of my SimSkid. It's a my third iteration but this one is really functional and the Power adjustable seat makes it really feel like you enter and exit a real flight deck. My plan is to build out a cockpit interior but I am waiting to see if MSFS2020 will support multiple monitors like Xplane so I can add back in my other 2 screens.

7 minutes ago, MrScott said:

Is this feature in Windows 10 Pro? I've seen it in Windows 11. 

It's part of the Windows Power Toys which you can grab by following these instructions:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/install

Thanks for the tip about Borderless Games. I'll take a look at it. To get rid of the title bar, I just created my FancyZone drop zones to be a just a little taller than the bezel image so that the title bar gets hidden.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Pils changed the title to [FIXED] Saved Popout Views
  • Pils locked this topic