[SOLVED] Mapping nose wheel steering switch to WH or Bravo switch

Atlas

The nosewheel steering is a switch on the cockpit but it seems like the command to control this functions more like a push button (on/off) rather than a toggle switch (up/down).  Am I missing something here?

I'd like to be able to map it to one of my switches in my TM Warthog throttle (RDR ALTM maybe?) or maybe somewhere on the Bravo.  Is this possible at all at the moment?  Thanks!

Edited by Pils

You're referring to the toggle command pedestal/gear/nws? Yes, there are a lot of switches that have only toggle commands. Adding more discrete position commands is something I will be discussing with the developer for a future update. In the mean time, every switch also has a dataref that can be used to manipulate the switch position, e.g. for the nose wheel steering switch setting CL650/pedestal/gear/nws_value to 1 will move the switch to ARMED. A Lua script can be written to do this via custom command (along with one for the corresponding OFF position). I hope that helps in the meantime.

• Like 1

If you don’t want to mess around writing Lua scripts anymore another option is to buy Spad.neXt, you can do this type of advanced stuff without having to write a single bit of code yourself. It’s especially useful if you have Saitek Switch panels and such and want to do more than the default XPlane interface will allow. It would go very well with the Warthog too much much easier than using the TARGET software from Thrustmaster. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure how useful Spad would be since I don't have any Saitek switch panels and I think most stuff can be mapped directly to my Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo controls.  I do have Air Manager so I'll see what I can do with that.

While I have seen the dataref for NWS, I think it's one of those switches that does warrant an on/off state as it will be used just about as often as the landing gear lever which has a down/up state.  While I understand that maybe for other switches, this won't be a priority, I hope the number of times the NWS switch is accessed will make it a priority.

Thanks!

16 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Not sure how useful Spad would be since I don't have any Saitek switch panels and I think most stuff can be mapped directly to my Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo controls. 

Spad has a 14 day free trial, so you can give it a try to see if it would be useful for you, I already use the recommended CL650/pedestal/gear/nws_value for the nose wheel steering with a switch on my Warthog. Saitek support is just a small fraction of what Spad.neXt can do these days. I only have one FIP and a Radio Panel, there are 11 other pieces of hardware assigned through Spad in my Cockpit.

• Pils changed the title to [SOLVED] Mapping nose wheel steering switch to WH or Bravo switch
  • Pils locked this topic