Maintenance Service using FBO in persistent mode.

Debowing

I inadvertently initiated L engine shutdown (by releasing a agent bottle) inflight, flying with one engine after this mistake, I could not for the life of me relight the L engine and also could not turn on the APU, I was at FL 050. So I landed with one engine and parked the aircraft. How do I service the engine and make it good again using the FBO?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, akatham said:

Is this the new "my ashtray is full, i need to buy a new car"? :lol:

Bloody throwaway society...

LOL, careful with engine fire agent relase button, the clickbox is wrong, you could actually discharge the bottle without opening the cover by clicking the top left hand corner (located left side of ATS button),  I found this out in a bad way and manged a single engine landing, spent an hour on the ground trying to refill the bottle cause I really felt I got some special connection with that specific airframe. lol 

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2022 at 11:43 AM, Graeme_77 said:

Fire bottle refilling is not implemented in this version, but should be in the next. At the moment you'll need to create a new airframe, that one is in the hangar for an inspection!

If a fire bottle is inadvertently discharged in the real airplane it cannot be refilled on wing. The entire extinguisher has to be removed and a new one installed. The depleted extinguisher is sent back to the manufacturer (Kidde Aerospace) to be overhauled and refilled. When the extinguisher is activated, an explosive squib fires, which shatters a metal plug in the outlet and allows the pressurized halon extinguishing agent to discharge. Only the manufacturer has the tooling and equipment to replace the plug and refill the bottle.

For maximum accuracy in a future update, there should be a maintenance option to “replace” a specific extinguisher (engine or APU) rather than “refill”.

• Upvote 1