Honeycomb Bravo Throttle binds

Goodfixins

At the request of users in the discord, here are my bindings for the throttles and reversers on the Bravo.

Use the Commercial handles and map the following in the Honeycomb Configurator:

Lever 3 Commercial Reverser/GA GoAround
    -Press-Event
        -Variable 1: sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle_1
    -Release-Event
        -Variable 1: sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle_1

Lever 3 Detent:
    -Press-Event
        -Variable 1: CL650/pedestal/throttle/shutoff_L_down
    -Release-Event
        -Variable1: CL650/pedestal/throttle/shutoff_L_up

Lever 4 Commercial Reverser/GA GoAround
    -Press-Event
        -Variable 1: sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle_2
    -Release-Event
        -Variable 1: sim/engines/thrust_reverse_toggle_2

Lever 4 Detent:
    -Press-Event
        -Variable 1: CL650/pedestal/throttle/shutoff_R_down
    -Release-Event
        -Variable 1: CL650/pedestal/throttle/shutoff_R_up

Remember to activate the profile in the Honeycomb software before you load up, and use the plugin menu to load the profile once you're in the sim. 

I haven't checked the indicator lights yet to see if they work with defaults or not, and the autopilot seems to mostly work with the default bindings, but once I get a more complete profile I can post it here for other users.

CL650-Throttle-Reversers.png

CL650-Throttle-Shutdown.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Pils pinned this topic
58 minutes ago, Goodfixins said:

Here's my latest profile. It includes the bindings listed above as well as all of the MCP functions and applicable annunciator lights.

A couple notes:

The "Auto Pilot" button is only mapped to engage the autopilot. You must map a different button for the disconnects.  This
The "REV" button on the FCP is mapped to VNAV as I find this to be more useful than mapping it to backcourse.
None of the toggle switches below the FCP have been mapped.

Bravo-CL650.json 11.48 kB · 0 downloads

Hi Goodfixens.  I imported the json, but don't see the items that you mentioned above nor do I see them when viewing the raw json. Is it possible you attached the wrong file? Or is it something on my end?

25 minutes ago, siege00 said:

Hi Goodfixens.  I imported the json, but don't see the items that you mentioned above nor do I see them when viewing the raw json. Is it possible you attached the wrong file? Or is it something on my end?

I just downloaded it again from the forums here and opened it with notepad and it looks like the information is there. You may not be getting a good download.

• Pils featured this topic

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for having shared your profile with us.

I wonder how he would be possible to get rid of the "low hyd pressure" caution message : it stays illuminated, even after start. There is two variations for value >0 and <O. If I try to set >1, the light switch off but then, I don't have any illumination at all of course...

Just a detail, but it would be fine if someone had an idea.

Another strange thing : when I disconnect the AP by pushing a binded button on my Alpha Yoke, I can't re-engage the AP on the Bravo. I erased the AP binding in the configurator and map a new AP command directly in x-plane. Don't know if some of you experienced the same behaviour.

Edited by danhenri

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 1:04 PM, danhenri said:

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for having shared your profile with us.

I wonder how he would be possible to get rid of the "low hyd pressure" caution message : it stays illuminated, even after start. There is two variations for value >0 and <O. If I try to set >1, the light switch off but then, I don't have any illumination at all of course...

Just a detail, but it would be fine if someone had an idea.

Another strange thing : when I disconnect the AP by pushing a binded button on my Alpha Yoke, I can't re-engage the AP on the Bravo. I erased the AP binding in the configurator and map a new AP command directly in x-plane. Don't know if some of you experienced the same behaviour.

The hydraulic lamp is off when the value of "CL650/lamps/integ/P4LL_hyd_cont" is 0. I found it can be illuminated with values greater than or less than 0, which is why both of those conditions are set in the profile. I don't have the same experience, mine goes out when the engines are started and the hydraulics are pressurized.

As for the other question, which command do you have bound on your Alpha Yoke to disconnect the AP?

On 1/27/2022 at 2:28 PM, Goodfixins said:

The hydraulic lamp is off when the value of "CL650/lamps/integ/P4LL_hyd_cont" is 0. I found it can be illuminated with values greater than or less than 0, which is why both of those conditions are set in the profile. I don't have the same experience, mine goes out when the engines are started and the hydraulics are pressurized.

As for the other question, which command do you have bound on your Alpha Yoke to disconnect the AP?

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I will check again the hydraulic led.

I have bound my Alpha disconnect button to the command "Captain's control wheel autopilot disconnect button". I bound all the AP buttons direcly in x-plane menu and deleted all the corrsponding binds in the honeycomb configurator. The AP works very well now.

Cheers,

Daniel.

4 hours ago, danhenri said:

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I will check again the hydraulic led.

I have bound my Alpha disconnect button to the command "Captain's control wheel autopilot disconnect button". I bound all the AP buttons direcly in x-plane menu and deleted all the corrsponding binds in the honeycomb configurator. The AP works very well now.

Cheers,

Daniel.

I had another look at the hydraulic light and it's not working for me now. The dataref I was using doesn't seem to change like it used to and while I'm not sure what changed, it isn't working at the moment, mine just always stays off because the value of "CL650/lamps/integ/P4LL_hyd_cont" is always at zero (maybe certain failures trigger it, but I haven't tested everything). I asked on the HS discord and it doesn't seem there's a good place to get a status on the hydraulic system that we can use to bind to that light so I'd say just remove the mapping for now until they get some more cockpit builder integration added with an update.

It's strange your bindings don't work via the configurator but work in-sim, but I have seen that issue before as well. As long as you've got it all sorted out, that's all that matters!

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, danhenri said:

Hello,

Since latest update of the aircraft, the lights of the AP commands are flashing on my Bravo (HDG, NAV, etc.). I tried to re-import a json.file, but they are still flashing...

Thank you for helping me to solve this issue...

You’ll need to change the condition to be >0.9 or similar. Due to a minor electrical simulation change the brightness of the lamps fluctuates.

Edited by Pils

Could someone please expand on which fields to edit to do this conditions fix for the flashing AP lights? I see the conditions drop down in the configurator but when clicking + there are a couple of fields and dataref drop down...... I'm not sure of next step. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Dill01 said:

Could someone please expand on which fields to edit to do this conditions fix for the flashing AP lights? I see the conditions drop down in the configurator but when clicking + there are a couple of fields and dataref drop down...... I'm not sure of next step. Thanks.

Click on the Conditions header until you see Condition 1 & 2, then click Condition 1 or 2.