Checklist 'terminates'

AdamArkley

Whilst shutting down this evening, the First Officer was diligently reading the checklist aloud and I was completing the required items. At the point in time where the APU generator was turned off and the aircraft was running only on battery power, the First Officer just... Stopped. Whilst I understand that the checklist was displayed on the FOs MFD and that this is unpowered from the battery, it seems a but abrupt that the FO would just 'stop'. Surely he would have a paper copy of the checklist for the remaining items..?

• Upvote 1

yeah I noticed this too. along those lines can we get some kind of function for apu not available ops? there are some airports that prohibit apu for noise for example. there are options in the fms for air config to be used for takeoff/landing in the perf pages for ice and bleed config. maybe use those as a reference for what copilot does? otherwise I have to do everything manually

On 1/11/2022 at 8:33 AM, Kikis0507 said:

Another way to do it, is what I do. Remember the power source items like APU generator etc on the shutdown checklist. Complete the checklist and then execute the APU, GEN and power switch for last. 

Better yet, call out the AC cart, plug it in and activate ground power while APU is on, then when you shut down apu, there's still power and FO finishes his reading. I then hand signal to remove the cart and everything shuts off.