Activesky Historical Weather

Andydigital

I was also wondering how differences between sim weather injection and real-time weather affect the addon - I saw that a GFS download occurs and Saso also mentioned on last week's streams that the addon would know/figure out if it was parked in icy conditions over night (which is a very neat feature). It also raises some general questions about what happens if external data sources change, are being relocated or become unavailable (maybe after support for the addon ends) - it would be nice to have some kind of locally injecting/replacing the possibly missing or inaccurate data from outside the sim.

Regarding the issue of flying in daylight: If you can live with temperatures being offset (real night temperatures at simulated day time), why not simply change sim time but keeping ActiveSky at real-time weather?

Care to explain why? I really don't get it but maybe it depends on the location where you want to fly. I may also be just too comfortable here in Central Europe. :) 

At least in Central Europe the weather is basically the same during day and night, it doesn't matter (in particular there's no real effect on winds, as far as I know). We also don't have extreme differences in temperatures (usually less than 10°C difference). But I understand that it can be more significant in other parts of the world... it may of course also pose issues to fly in polar climate where day temperatures are already very cold and night temperatures are so cold that they might make flying almost impossible (or at least impractical). But except for such "edge cases" (sorry if I really might have no clue about something here) I don't see how a time difference on weather data poses issues and becomes implausible.

Maybe I am too much a developer myself as I am asking for use cases (and confirmation of my suspicions) as I identify feature requests.

If "life is too short", why do you bother at all? I would simply fly at (real) daytime then, using real-time weather. Nothing to mess with, no issues at all. Problem solved with the easiest possible solution.

Edited by EnQ